Mental Health Links
Campus mental health service the SAP Program Q&A Booklet
Disaster/Terrorism related sites
- Additional trauma Information Trauma Information Pages
- General descriptive overview of mental health/stress issues in the general population.
- Mental Health help
Up to the minute information, suggestions for response plans and frequently asked questions regarding bioterrorism from the Centers for Disease Control website
How do I deal with my feelings? a free brochure from the American Red Cross Disaster Division dealing with feelings of grief and loss and tips to begin healing.
for handicapped students on the UTHSC campus. This site www.fsmb.org provides information on accommodations for all types of handicapped students. These guidelines are for medical professionals seeking accommodations when taking the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)™ Student Mental Health and University Health Services have accepted these guidelines for students seeking accommodations for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD ) .
- ADHD information from NAMI
- ADD Resource. Search engine for sites containing ADD and ADHD information, treatment resources, on-line support, news, and research.
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association. Information about Attention Deficit Disorder and its related challenges.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Links Project.
Information about ADHD, including its diagnosis and treatment, a newsletter and bookstore, links, resources for parents, product information, and classroom interventions.
- The Anxiety-Panic Internet Resource. Addresses the frustrations with the lack of available information about anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety Disorder Association of America. Promotes the prevention and cure of anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety Coach. Information about anxiety disorders and how to treat them. Includes links and reading list.
- Social Phobia/Social Anxiety Association
- Dr. Ivan's Depression Central Clearinghouse for information on depressive disorders and the most effective treatments for individuals suffering from major depression, manic-depression (bipolar disorder), cyclothymia, dysthymia, and other mood disorders.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) National network of people working to improve the lives of all affected by serious mental illnesses.
- Depression information from the American Psychological Association
- Psychology Information Online. Explains depression and treatment options, includes a national directory of psychologists, and links to sites about other disorders.
- Depression After Delivery. Information about postpartum mood and anxiety disorders; Links to related resources.
Drug and Alcohol Issues
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Seasonal Affective Disorder
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill info on SAD's
- Anxiety and Stress
- Different Kinds of Stress and what to do about it
- Mind Tools & Relaxation Techniques
- Stress management assessment and program http://www.mindtools.com/smpage.html
- Psych Web: Self Help (very comprehensive)
- Stress and Health
- Stress Management and Emotional Wellness (Incredible Resource)
- Stress management for patient and physician
- www.StressDynamics.com Stress Dynamics offers information on stress, stress management, stress reduction, aroma therapy and more. They offer a newsletter with articles and tips to help readers manage stress.
Substance Abuse Issues
- The American Council for Drug Education is a substance abuse prevention and education agency that develops programs and materials based on the most current scientific research on drug use and its impact on society
- Mental Health Net. Provides links to a variety of substance abuse and alcoholism self-help sites.
- ncadi.samhsa.gov Information service of the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention. World's largest resource for current information and materials concerning substance abuse prevention.
- Web of Addictions Dedicated
National Resources for Sexual Assault, Stalking, Domestic and Dating Violence
If you are a UTHSC student or employee (coming soon for BCHS students), you may now schedule appointments, exchange messages with UHS staff, complete forms or surveys, check your financial account summary, or review/print immunications through a secure online web-based portal using your NetID and password!
University Health Services
910 Madison Ave. Suite 922
Memphis, Tennessee 38163