Student Right to Know and Consumer Information
In compliance with Title IV and other Federal and State disclosure laws, below is a list of consumer information that is available and links to directly access the information. Prospective and current students may contact the respective office or the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs for assistance in obtaining the information.
This information is also available in a printable pdf format Student Right to Know and Consumer Information .
You can visit the UTHSC website, to learn more about the institution, at http://www.uthsc.edu/aboututhsc/.
The Facilities Services website may be accessed by using the link http://www.uthsc.edu/facilities/.
Faculty and Instructional Personnel
- A list of programs, majors, and minors is located at http://www.uthsc.edu/education/college_departments.php.
- You can access the current UTHSC Catalog at http://www.uthsc.edu/registrar/students.php#catalogs.
- Information regarding the Faculty Senate can be found at http://www.uthsc.edu/Facsenate/.
- The University of Tennessee is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) College of Dentistry is accredited by:
The Commission on Dental Accreditation
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611.
- The UTHSC College of Medicine is accredited by:
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
515 N. State Street, Suite 1801
Chicago, IL 60654
Phone: (312) 527-9200
- The UTHSC Baccalaureate and Masters of Nursing Practice programs in the College of Nursing are approved by:
Tennessee Board of Nursing
227 French Landing, Suite 300
Heritage Place Metro Center
Nashville, Tennessee 37243
Phone: 1 800 778-4123
- The UTHSC Masters programs in the College of Nursing are accredited by:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington DC 20036-1120
Phone: (202) 887-6791
Fax: (202) 887-8476
- The UTHSC DNP Nurse Anesthesia program is accredited by:
The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs-American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
222 S. Prospect Avenue
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Phone: (847) 692-7050
Fax: (847) 692-6968
- The CoN Continuing Education Unit is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as an approved provider through 2013.
- The UTHSC College of Pharmacy is accredited by:
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
135 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 4100
Chicago, Illinois 60603-4810
- Additional Accreditation Information: https://academic.uthsc.edu/accreditagency.php.
Enrollment and Registrar
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA):
- The UTHSC Student Handbook (CenterScope)
- Annual FERPA Notice for Faculty and Staff
- Additional FERPA Information
- Graduation and Student Enrollment figures are available at http://www.uthsc.edu/news/publications/uthsc_factsheet.pdf .
- Graduation Outcomes are available at https://academic.uthsc.edu/uthscir/book_student.php.
- Student Withdrawal Policies
- Transfer of Credit Policies
- College-specific transfer policies are available in the student handbook (CenterScope)
- College of Pharmacy Transfer Policies
- College of Medicine Transfer Policies
- College of Allied Health Sciences Transfer Policies
- Medical Technology Transfer Policies
- College of Allied Health Sciences- Audiology & Speech Pathology Transfer Policies
- College of Allied Health Sciences, Physical Therapy Transfer Policies
- College of Graduate Health Sciences Transfer Policies
- UTHSC has established an Articulation Agreement with the University of Memphis. Policies relating to the Articulation Agreement are located at:
- Voter Registration
- The Higher Education Act (HEA) requires colleges and universities to provide students with voter registration information. The UTHSC voter registration page is available at http://uthsc.edu/students/voter_registration.php.
- Financial Aid Information including information about scholarships, grants, loans, etc., are located at http://www.uthsc.edu/finaid/.
- UTHSC Tuition and Costs information is available at http://www.uthsc.edu/finaid/ (see "college specific aid").
Services for Students with Disabilities
The Student Academic Support Services Office provides information on accommodations for students with disabilities. To find out more about services for students with disabilities, please visit http://www.uthsc.edu/sass/services.php.
- General Information on Campus Safety is available at http://www.uthsc.edu/safety/.
- Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Information is available at http://www.uthsc.edu/campuspolice/crimestats_month.php.
- UTHSC Missing Student Notification Policy is located at http://www.uthsc.edu/campuspolice/emergency_missing_students.php.
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center Campus Police website is located at http://www.uthsc.edu/campuspolice/.
Policy on a Drug Free Campus & Workplace
- UTHSC Drug-Free Campus And Workplace Policy http://www.uthsc.edu/policies/w932_document_show.php?p=371.
- Campus Police Policies and Procedures:
Peer to Peer File Sharing
- The University's peer to peer file sharing/copyright policy is available at http://www.uthsc.edu/policies/w932_document_show.php?p=220.
- The Higher Education Opportunity Act 2008 policy is available at http://www.uthsc.edu/admissions/documents/Higher-Education-Opportunity-Act.pdf .
Underage Drinking and Associated Responsibilities
- The Tennessee General Assembly recently passed new legislation regarding underage drinking and associated responsibilities. The law prohibits any resident, owner, or occupant of property (the social host) from allowing an underage adult to consume alcohol on such property. The legislation defines "underage adults" as those individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age but less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A resident may face criminal prosecution and University sanction if an underage adult consumes alcohol on his or her property which includes, but is not limited to, a residence hall room or apartment, fraternity or sorority affiliated housing, an off-campus house or apartment, or any other property owned or occupied by the individual.
Procedure for Handling Complaints Not Resolved at the Campus Level
As part of the University of Tennessee’s compliance with the US Department of Education Program Integrity Rules process, we are required to provide students with an avenue for resolving complaints.
- You may access the UTHSC “Complaint Procedure” and “HSC Complaint Form” on our Equal Employment Opportunity Compliance website.
- Complaints, not resolved at the campus level, may utilize the Complaint Resolution Process for the University of Tennessee System.