The Office of Student Affairs is concerned with the overall growth, development, and graduation of medical students. Thus, the goal of our office is to serve students through a wide range of activities and programs, including career counseling, residency placement, graduation activities, and much, much more.
COM FACULTY ANNOUNCEMENT:
2015 COM MAY GRADUATION
The Cannon Center for the Performing Arts in the Memphis Cook Convention Center (255
North Main Street)
Friday, May 29, 2015, 1:30 PM | Ceremony should be over by 4:00 PM.
COM Faculty (only) can RSVP for the 2015 May Graduation in one of three ways:
- completing the online 2015 COM Faculty Graduation RSVP Form
- faxing your completed 2015 COM Faculty Graduation RSVP Form to 901.448.7085
- by calling the Office of Student Affairs at 448-5531
Note: Academic regalia is required. Graduation Regalia Order Form
Special Invitation for COM Faculty attending the 2015 COM May Graduation
COM Faculty are also invited to attend the Class of 2015 Parent's Reception.
Thursday evening, May 28 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. | Memphis Zoo ~ Teton Trek at 2000 Prentiss Place, Memphis.
COM Class of 2015 Caduceus Ball
- Minglewood Hall
- Saturday, March 21 from 6:30 - Midnight
- Semiformal Attire
- RSVP By Friday, March 13
- Flyer and Registration (Formal invitations mailing this week)
Important Policy Change for ERAS LoRs: Beginning with ERAS 2016
Effective ERAS 2016, all letters of recommendation must be uploaded by you or your designee using the ERAS Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP). Medical schools will no longer be able to upload letters on your behalf. When the ERAS 2016 season opens in May, you will be able to add your LoR Authors in your MyERAS Application and only after that, your LoR Authors will be able to upload their letters for you.
Letters can only be uploaded once the ERAS system opens in May 2015 for the upcoming application cycle.
- At that time, applicants will provide you with a Letter Request Form that includes instructions for the LoRP as well as a unique identifier for each LoR you are asked to upload.
- If you do not already have an account, you will be asked to create one in order to gain access to the LoRP.
- Account creation is simple and only requires your name and email address.
- Please do not send letters to the AAMC/ERAS; they will be returned.
- All the technical specifications for letters can be found on our website https://www.aamc.org/eras/lorp.
- In the meantime, please contact the ERAS HelpDesk by email ERASLoRP@aamc.org or by phone 202-862-6249 if you have additional questions.
Health Services for UTHSC Students Outside Memphis
For ALL students, on or off the UT Health Science Center (UTHSC) campus, a University Health Services (UHS) on-call provider is available 24/7 for any urgent issue (medical or behavioral health). The number to call is 901-541-5654.
If you are having an emergency, call 911 to access immediate help in your area. To reach a provider at UHS, Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30, call 901-448-5630. More Information
Clinica Esperanza (Clinic of Hope) serves uninsured, Hispanic patients each Saturday from 1:00-4:00 pm. With the support of Christ Community Clinic, Clinica Esperanza has helped meet the medical needs of hundreds of patients over the last three years. The clinic is completely run by volunteers. Student volunteers from all four medical school classes come each week and serve as interpreters, work in the lab, help update patient records, and interview and examine patients under the direction of attending physicians. The attending physicians from the departments of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Ob/Gyn provide patients with excellent care, while exemplifying for the students the importance of serving in the community as an essential part of the medical profession. Clinica Esperanza would also like to thank our faculty sponsors, Dr. Adams-Graves, Dr. Ellis, Dr. Lewis, and Dr. Steinhauer for their continued support as volunteer attendings. Clinica Esperanza is located at 2861 Broad Avenue in the Christ Community building. If you would like more information about Clinica Esperanza, please E-mail email@example.com.