Massroor Pourcyrous, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Department of Physiology
Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology
E201 Rout Center for Women and Infants (The Med)
853 Jefferson Avenue, Room E201
Memphis, TN 38103
Phone: (901) 448-5950
Fax: (901) 448-1691
Email: Massroor Pourcyrous
- M.D. Institution: Tabriz University School of Medicine, Tabriz, Iran
- Residency: Pediatrics, University of Tabriz, Farman-Farmaian Children's Hospital, Tabriz, Iran; Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Charity Hospital and Children's Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Fellowship: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology, UTHSC; Post-doctoral Fellow in Neonatal Physiology, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, UTHSC
My interest has been in Translational Research in area of hemodynamics of cerebral circulation in newborn pigs and in human neonates during physiologic and pathologic conditions such as asphyxia/reventilation, seizures and intraventricular hemorrhage.
I have also investigated cerebrovascular manifestations of illicit drug (cocaine) and licit drugs that are used in neonates (sympathomimetics, indomethacin, anticonvulsants, sildenafil, partial liquid ventilation..).
Also, investigating for Biomarkers have been other part of my research interests: C-reactive protein in neonatal infection and other neonatal disorders; Fecal short chain fatty acids as a predictor of GI disorders; Cerebral spinal fluid cAMP as a predictor of neurological outcome in asphyxiated neonates; and clinical implications of brain-derived circulating endothelial cells.
- Harsono M, Pourcyrous M. Perineal Groove: A Rare Congenital Midline Defect of Perineum. AJP Rep. 2016 Mar;6(1):e30-2. doi: 10.1055/s-0035-1566311. Epub 2015 Oct 28. PubMed PMID: 26929866; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4737640.
- Ment LR, Ådén U, Bauer CR, Bada HS, Carlo WA, Kaiser JR, Lin A, Cotten CM, Murray J, Page G, Hallman M, Lifton RP, Zhang H; Gene Targets for IVH Study Group and the Neonatal Research Network. Genes and environment in neonatal intraventricular hemorrhage. Semin Perinatol. 2015 Dec;39(8):592-603. doi: 10.1053/j.semperi.2015.09.006. Epub 2015 Oct 26. Review. PubMed PMID: 26516117; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4668116.
- Shah SD, Talati AJ, Elabiad MT, Dhanireddy R, Pourcyrous M. Preterm Infants Can Mount Appropriate C-Reactive Protein Responses to Early Onset Sepsis. Am J Perinatol. 2015 Nov;32(13):1281-6. doi: 10.1055/s-0035-1555127. Epub 2015 Jun 12. PubMed PMID: 26070122.
- Upadhyay K, Pourcyrous M, Dhanireddy R, Talati AJ. Outcomes of neonates with birth weight⩽500 g: a 20-year experience. J Perinatol. 2015 Sep;35(9):768-72. doi: 10.1038/jp.2015.44. Epub 2015 May 7. PubMed PMID: 25950920.
- Pourcyrous M, Basuroy S, Tcheranova D, Arheart KL, Elabiad MT, Leffler CW, Parfenova H. Brain-derived circulating endothelial cells in peripheral blood of newborn infants with seizures: a potential biomarker for cerebrovascular injury. Physiol Rep. 2015 Mar;3(3). pii: e12345. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12345. PubMed PMID: 25804265; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4393173.
- Chhim RF, Crill CM, Collier HK, Arnold SR, Pourcyrous M, Meibohm B, Christensen M. Ethanol lock therapy: a pilot infusion study in infants. Ann Pharmacother. 2015 Apr;49(4):431-6. doi: 10.1177/1060028015569881. Epub 2015 Jan 28. PubMed PMID: 25632063.