Massroor Pourcyrous, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Department of Physiology
Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology
E201 Rout Center for Women and Infants (The Med)
853 Jefferson Avenue, Room E201
Memphis, TN 38103
Phone: (901) 448-5950
Fax: (901) 448-1691
Email: Massroor Pourcyrous
- M.D. Institution: Tabriz University School of Medicine, Tabriz, Iran
- Residency: Pediatrics, University of Tabriz, Farman-Farmaian Children's Hospital, Tabriz, Iran; Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Charity Hospital and Children's Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Fellowship: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology, UTHSC; Post-doctoral Fellow in Neonatal Physiology, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, UTHSC
My interest has been in Translational Research in area of hemodynamics of cerebral circulation in newborn pigs and in human neonates during physiologic and pathologic conditions such as asphyxia/reventilation, seizures and intraventricular hemorrhage.
I have also investigated cerebrovascular manifestations of illicit drug (cocaine) and licit drugs that are used in neonates (sympathomimetics, indomethacin, anticonvulsants, sildenafil, partial liquid ventilation..).
Also, investigating for Biomarkers have been other part of my research interests: C-reactive protein in neonatal infection and other neonatal disorders; Fecal short chain fatty acids as a predictor of GI disorders; Cerebral spinal fluid cAMP as a predictor of neurological outcome in asphyxiated neonates; and clinical implications of brain-derived circulating endothelial cells.
- Shah SD, Talati AJ, Elabiad MT, Dhanireddy R, Pourcyrous M. Preterm Infants Can Mount Appropriate C-Reactive Protein Responses to Early Onset Sepsis. Am J Perinatol. 2015 Jun 12. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26070122.
- Upadhyay K, Pourcyrous M, Dhanireddy R, Talati AJ. Outcomes of neonates with birth weight⩽500 g: a 20-year experience. J Perinatol. 2015 May 7. doi: 10.1038/jp.2015.44. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 25950920.
- Pourcyrous M, Basuroy S, Tcheranova D, Arheart KL, Elabiad MT, Leffler CW, Parfenova H. Brain-derived circulating endothelial cells in peripheral blood of newborn infants with seizures: a potential biomarker for cerebrovascular injury. Physiol Rep. 2015 Mar;3(3). pii: e12345. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12345. PubMed PMID: 25804265; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4393173.
- Chhim RF, Crill CM, Collier HK, Arnold SR, Pourcyrous M, Meibohm B, Christensen M. Ethanol lock therapy: a pilot infusion study in infants. Ann Pharmacother. 2015 Apr;49(4):431-6. doi: 10.1177/1060028015569881. Epub 2015 Jan 28. PubMed PMID: 25632063.
- Nnorom CC, Davis C, Fedinec AL, Howell K, Jaggar JH, Parfenova H, Pourcyrous M, Leffler CW. Contributions of KATP and KCa channels to cerebral arteriolar dilation to hypercapnia in neonatal brain. Physiol Rep. 2014 Aug 28;2(8). pii: e12127. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12127. Print 2014 Aug 1. PubMed PMID: 25168876; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4246596.
- Pourcyrous M, Nolan VG, Goodwin A, Davis SL, Buddington RK. Fecal short-chain fatty acids of very-low-birth-weight preterm infants fed expressed breast milk or formula. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2014 Dec;59(6):725-31. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000000515. PubMed PMID: 25079478.