Skip to content

Other ways to search: Events Calendar | UTHSC News

"Green Card" Options

Whether to sponsor an individual for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status is a UT Health Science Center decision. The Office of International Affairs processes LPR applications only at the request of a UT Health Science Center department, not at the request of the foreign national employee.

No outside attorneys may file or sign petitions for foreign nationals on behalf of UT Health Science Center. (If you are self-petitioning -- EB-1 Extraordinary Ability or EB-2 National Interest Waiver -- you are strongly encouraged to hire an immigration attorney to assist you. Self-petitions are not filed on behalf of UTHSC; rather, on behalf of the foreign national employee.)

Any department interested in sponsoring a foreign national employee for permanent residency through UTHSC employment should contact the Office of International Affairs for further information and internal application forms.

Apr 5, 2024