The fellowship is clinically based with research months allotted over the 3 years. Special Research Fellowships (pending availability) can be arranged by contacting the fellowship coordinator. A document highlighting the focus of this program and accomplishments of our recent Research Fellows is available here .
Vacation & Leave
- Two weeks paid leave per year
- Five days off at Christmas/New Years
- Additional leave granted to attend one conference per year (e.g., annual Scientific Sessions of American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, Southern Society for Clinical Investigation)
- Call is from home. Residents are present in-house for help with admissions to cardiology service/CICU
- First call is taken by 1st and 2nd year fellows
- Backup call is provided by 3rd year fellows
- MedPlex: Every Wednesday afternoon. First years only.
- VAMC: Every Thursday afternoon, all fellows
- MedPlex Consult Clinic: Every Wednesday morning, one 2nd year or 3rd year fellow
- VA Pacer Clinic: Every Thursday morning, noninvasive fellow
- VA Lipid Clinic: Every Tuesday afternoon, VA consult fellow with residents from consult service
Doctors may apply to the UT Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship through the AAMC ERAS Program (ACGME ID 1414721175).
Those not wishing to utilize ERAS may apply directly. Download an application for the fellowship program by clicking here . If you do not have Adobe Acrobat, download here. The application is an editable pdf document, so open it, fill in the forms and mail.
Applications open JULY 15, 2013 and deadline is SEPTEMBER 16, 2013 for the academic year beginning July, 2014.
Interviews will be held on Mondays and Fridays, September 30 to November 1, 2013.
Applications must include:
- updated Curriculum Vitae
- personal statement
- copy of exam scores
- three letters of recommendation
Please contact the fellowship coordinator for additional requirements.