Budget and Benefits Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Faculty Handbook sections related to faculty compensation;
- Compensated outside activities policy;
- Faculty compensation package;
- Campus-wide long-range planning;
- Evaluation of space allocations and physical facilities;
- Faculty recruitment and retention; and
- Education of faculty about the budget process and related issues.
• Promote the dissemination of clearly stated Faculty compensation and benefits policies
and encourage the equitable application of these policies across all colleges.
• Promote clear and equitable consideration regarding the criteria for faculty salary raises and bonuses (based on merit, market/gender equity and/or cost of living and salary compression).
• Provide Faculty input into the planning of the UTHSC annual budget and analyzing of administrative overhead.
• Monitor the campus debt service.
Members of Committee
|Martin Donaldson (Chair)||College of Dentistry|
|Stacey Emerson||College of Nursing|
|Chris Ledbetter||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Dan Martin||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Jay Ragain||College of Dentistry|
|Christiana Spivey||College of Pharmacy|
|Elaine Stegman||College of Health Professions|
|George Cook||College of Medicine - Basic|
|Thad Wilson||Ex Officio – Senate President|
|Tony Ferrara||Ex Officio (non voting) administration|
|Chandra Alston||Ex Officio (non voting) administration|
|Jacquelyne McClarin||Administrative Assistant|
|Ellen Hamby||College of Health Professions|
|Santhosh Koshy||College of Medicine - Clinical|
Faculty Senate President Office
Thaddeus A . Wilson, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163