Education is our top priority at the University of Tennessee. As such, we offer multiple educational experiences, including:
- A 12 month structured reading curriculum, meeting weekly with program director or designee.
- Nephrology grand rounds, weekly. Presentations by faculty, visiting speakers, and fellows.
- Kidney biopsy conference, integrated into Nephrology grand rounds
- Journal Club - 2 per month ( one focusing on recent literature and one on key classic Nephrology related journal articles.
- Case conferences: two per month, CPC type presentations of unique and instructive cases.
- A written curriculum for each rotation.
- Board review course - Conducted by the Associate training program director, held weekly- Janurary through June in preparation for the ABIM Nephrology board examination.
- In-training examination-Given yearly to all trainees offering a great learning tool in preparation for the ABIM board examination.
- Internal Medicine Grand Rounds - (weekly). Previous Grand Rounds are archived.
- Fellow School- an annual lecture series at the beginning of each year addressing basic medical topics essential for general Nephrology.
- Off-site training: second year fellows attend the annual meeting of the American Society of Nephrology. First year fellows have a local educational retreat.