Massroor Pourcyrous, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Department of Physiology
Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology
E201 Rout Center for Women and Infants (The Med)
853 Jefferson Avenue, Room E201
Memphis, TN 38103
Phone: (901) 448-5950
Fax: (901) 448-1691
Email: Massroor Pourcyrous
- M.D. Institution: Tabriz University School of Medicine, Tabriz, Iran
- Residency: Pediatrics, University of Tabriz, Farman-Farmaian Children's Hospital, Tabriz, Iran; Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Charity Hospital and Children's Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Fellowship: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology, UTHSC; Post-doctoral Fellow in Neonatal Physiology, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, UTHSC
My interest has been in Translational Research in area of hemodynamics of cerebral circulation in newborn pigs and in human neonates during physiologic and pathologic conditions such as asphyxia/reventilation, seizures and intraventricular hemorrhage.
I have also investigated cerebrovascular manifestations of illicit drug (cocaine) and licit drugs that are used in neonates (sympathomimetics, indomethacin, anticonvulsants, sildenafil, partial liquid ventilation..).
Also, investigating for Biomarkers have been other part of my research interests: C-reactive protein in neonatal infection and other neonatal disorders; Fecal short chain fatty acids as a predictor of GI disorders; Cerebral spinal fluid cAMP as a predictor of neurological outcome in asphyxiated neonates; and clinical implications of brain-derived circulating endothelial cells.
- Nnorom CC, Davis C, Fedinec AL, Howell K, Jaggar JH, Parfenova H, Pourcyrous M, Leffler CW. Contributions of KATP and KCa channels to cerebral arteriolar dilation to hypercapnia in neonatal brain. Physiol Rep. 2014 Aug 28;2(8). pii: e12127. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12127. Print 2014 Aug 1. PubMed PMID: 25168876.
- Pourcyrous M, Nolan VG, Goodwin A, Davis SL, Buddington RK. Fecal Short Chain Fatty Acids of Very Low Birth Weight Preterm Infants Fed Expressed Breast Milk or Formula. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2014 Jul 30. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 25079478.
- Shankaran S, Lin A, Maller-Kesselman J, Zhang H, O'Shea TM, Bada HS, Kaiser JR, Lifton RP, Bauer CR, Ment LR; Gene Targets for Intraventricular Hemorrhage Study. Maternal race, demography, and health care disparities impact risk for intraventricular hemorrhage in preterm neonates. J Pediatr. 2014 May;164(5):1005-1011.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2014.01.036. Epub 2014 Feb 28. PubMed PMID: 24589078; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4095864.
- Elabiad MT, Arheart KL, Korones SB, Pourcyrous M. Adjusting for bias in C-reactive protein levels when using a vitros slide method in infants. Am J Perinatol. 2014 Nov;31(10):851-4. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1361938. Epub 2014 Feb 25. PubMed PMID: 24570167.
- AdÃ©n U, Lin A, Carlo W, Leviton A, Murray JC, Hallman M, Lifton RP, Zhang H, Ment LR; Gene Targets for Intraventricular Hemorrhage Study Group. Candidate gene analysis: severe intraventricular hemorrhage in inborn preterm neonates. J Pediatr. 2013 Nov;163(5):1503-6.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2013.06.025. Epub 2013 Jul 26. PubMed PMID: 23896193; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3812267.
- Chilakala SK, Boulden TF, Pourcyrous M. Ruptured remnant of urachal diverticulum: an unusual cause of congenital urinary ascites. J Perinatol. 2012 Dec;32(12):978-80. doi: 10.1038/jp.2012.30. PubMed PMID: 23190938.