Massroor Pourcyrous, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Department of Physiology
Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology
E201 Rout Center for Women and Infants (The Med)
853 Jefferson Avenue, Room E201
Memphis, TN 38103
Phone: (901) 448-5950
Fax: (901) 448-1691
Email: Massroor Pourcyrous
- M.D. Institution: Tabriz University School of Medicine, Tabriz, Iran
- Residency: Pediatrics, University of Tabriz, Farman-Farmaian Children's Hospital, Tabriz, Iran; Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Charity Hospital and Children's Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Fellowship: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology, UTHSC; Post-doctoral Fellow in Neonatal Physiology, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, UTHSC
My interest has been in “Translational Research” in area of hemodynamics of cerebral circulation in newborn pigs and in human neonates during physiologic and pathologic conditions such as asphyxia/reventilation, seizures and intraventricular hemorrhage.
I have also investigated cerebrovascular manifestations of illicit drug (cocaine) and licit drugs that are used in neonates (sympathomimetics, indomethacin, anticonvulsants, sildenafil, partial liquid ventilation..).
Also, investigating for Biomarkers have been other part of my research interests: C-reactive protein in neonatal infection and other neonatal disorders; Fecal short chain fatty acids as a predictor of GI disorders; Cerebral spinal fluid cAMP as a predictor of neurological outcome in asphyxiated neonates; and clinical implications of brain-derived circulating endothelial cells.
- Elabiad MT, Arheart KL, Korones SB, Pourcyrous M. Adjusting for Bias in C-Reactive Protein Levels When Using a Vitros Slide Method in Infants. Am J Perinatol. 2014 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24570167.
- Ad√©n U, Lin A, Carlo W, Leviton A, Murray JC, Hallman M, Lifton RP, Zhang H, Ment LR; Gene Targets for Intraventricular Hemorrhage Study Group. Candidate gene analysis: severe intraventricular hemorrhage in inborn preterm neonates. J Pediatr. 2013 Nov;163(5):1503-6.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2013.06.025. Epub 2013 Jul 26. PubMed PMID: 23896193; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3812267.
- Chilakala SK, Boulden TF, Pourcyrous M. Ruptured remnant of urachal diverticulum: an unusual cause of congenital urinary ascites. J Perinatol. 2012 Dec;32(12):978-80. doi: 10.1038/jp.2012.30. PubMed PMID: 23190938.
- Jones KL, Pivnick EK, Hines-Dowell S, Weese-Mayer DE, Berry-Kravis EM, Santiago T, Nnorom C, Pourcyrous M. A triple threat: Down syndrome, congenital central hypoventilation syndrome, and Hirschsprung disease. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov;130(5):e1382-4. doi: 10.1542/peds.2011-3844. Epub 2012 Oct 8. PubMed PMID: 23045564.
- Xie Y, Pivnick EK, Cohen HL, Adams-Graves PE, Pourcyrous M, Aygun B, Hankins JS. Phenocopy of warfarin syndrome in an infant born to a mother with sickle cell anemia and severe transfusional iron overload. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2013 Aug;35(6):e265-8. doi: 10.1097/MPH.0b013e3182678f68. PubMed PMID: 23018567.
- Pourcyrous M, Korones SB, Arheart KL, Bada HS. Primary immunization of premature infants with gestational age <35 weeks: cardiorespiratory complications and C-reactive protein responses associated with administration of single and multiple separate vaccines simultaneously. J Pediatr. 2007 Aug;151(2):167-72. Epub 2007 Jun 22. PubMed PMID: 17643770.