Veteran Benefits Information

How Do I Determine My Eligibility?

Veterans Education Benefits are available to eligible UTHSC students who are active duty or reserve military personnel, veterans, or in some cases, the child or spouse of a veteran.

What to Do if You Are Eligible

To determine eligibility you must first submit an application to Veterans Affairs (VA Form 22-1990  PDF icon ) or apply on-line. Once you have been approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility letter from the United States Department of Veteran Affairs approximately 2-3 weeks from your application date.

To Have Your Enrollment Certified

Please bring copies of the following to the certifying official at your university:

  • Copy of you Application for VA Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) submitted to VA
  • Certificate of Eligibility letter
  • Form DD214 - If on active duty, a letter from your Education Service Officer
  • A completed UTHSC VA Certification Request Form  PDF icon
    • You also must have registered for the classes being certified.

Please fax, mail, or bring copies of the above documents to:

Upon confirmation of your enrollment status, your certification will be electronically submitted via the VA-Once System.

Enrollment Certifications Are Submitted Each Semester.

For payment information and to check the status of certification after it has been submitted, please contact the Veteran Affairs Student Line: 1-888-442-4551. Call from 7:00 AM- 7:00 PM Central Time, Monday- Friday. Please keep the UTHSC Certifying Official aware of any changes to your enrollment status.

If you have specific concerns about your certification at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center contact the UTHSC Certifying Official via email: or call: 901 448-4985.

To learn more about the Veterans Education Benefit programs, visit

Contact Us

Office of the Registrar
910 Madison Avenue, Suite 520
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Tel: 901-448-5568
Fax: 901-448-1017

Office Hours

8:00am – 5:00pm CST
Monday – Friday