Neuroscience Institute Fellowships for Undergraduate Research Awarded
The UT Neuroscience Institute awarded the 2015-2016 Merit Fellowships for Undergraduate Neuroscience Research to three area students, who will work in UTHSC labs this summer. Jessica Baker, Rhodes College, Chandler Martin, Christian Brothers University, and Jessica Rogoweic, Rhodes College, were selected by a committee at their respective institutions based on their academic excellence and strong interest in neuroscience. Jessica Baker will again work with Dr. Kristin Hamre, in Anatomy and Neurobiology, who's research is centered on the interaction between genetics and the nervious system. Chandler will work with Dr. Kristen O'Connell, in Physiology, who's research involves neural pathways regulating food intake and energy balance. Jessica Rogoweic will work with Dr. Kathryn McVicar, in Pediatric Neurology, who studies language regression, autism, epilepsy and immunology.
- 2014-2015: Anqi Zheng, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Kanwaljeet JS Anand
- 2014-2015: Jessica Baker, Rhodes College - Dr. Kristin Hamre & Dr. Scott Heldt
- 2013-2014: Morgan Cantor, Rhodes College - Dr. Kathryn McVicar
- 2013-2014: Gy Won Choi, Rhodes College - Dr. Anton Reiner
- 2013-2014: Stephanie Allen, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Kanwaljeet JS Anand
- 2013-2014: Kevin Pham, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Kristen O'Connell
- 2012-2013: Kate Stewart, Rhodes College - Dr. Max Fletcher
- 2012-2013: Lydia Hyatt, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Scott Heldt
- 2012-2013: Colleen Valdez, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Lawrence Reiter
- 2011-2012: Ashley Ladd, Rhodes College - Dr. Lawrence Reiter
- 2011-2012: Catherine Gluszek, Christian Brothers - Dr. Scott Heldt
- 2011-2012: Allison Umfress, Duke University - Dr. Alessandro Iannaccone
- 2010-2011: Rachel Chassen, of Rhodes College - Dr. Lawrence Reiter
- 2010-2011: Rachael Haag, of Christian Brothers University - Dr. Tonia Rex
- 2010-2011: Christine Petrin, of Barnard College of Columbia University - Dr. Charles Leffler
- 2009-2010: Cameron Kasmai, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Detlef Heck
- 2009-2010: Danielle Helton, Baylor University - Dr. John Boughter
- 2009-2010: Leslie Baker, Rhodes College - Dr. Fu-Ming Zhou
- 2008-2009: Michael Antone, Christian Borthers University - Dr. Kristin Hamre
- 2008-2009: Daniel Wilkinson, Rhodes College - Dr. Charles Leffler
- 2008-2009: Lorna Wilkes, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Robert Foehring
- 2007-2008: Indre Augustinaite, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Matt Ennis
- 2007-2008: Joel Chasan, Rhodes College - Dr. Shannon Matta
- 2006-2007: Alan Newton, Christian Brothers University - Dr. Lawrence Reiter
- 2006-2007: Teresa Bell, Rhodes College - Dr. Matt Ennis
Catherine Gluszek, Christian Brothers University receiving the The Brother Dominic Dunn Award
This award is presented annually by the faculty of the School of Sciences to the outstanding graduating senior with a major in science or mathematics. The award is given in the memory of Brother Dominic Dunn, F.S.C., to the graduate giving strong evidence of academic excellence and of service to the University and/or the community. Presented at the Student Research Poster Session. Established in 1992.
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
875 Monroe Ave, Suite 426
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-5960
Fax: (901) 448-4685
426 Wittenborg Anatomy Building
William E. Armstrong, Ph.D.
Anton J. Reiner, Ph.D.
Brandy Fleming, M.S.