Applications must be submitted through ERAS. Our application deadline is November 30th.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
for an interview.
A complete application consists of:
- ERAS Application and personal statement
- Dean's letter
- USMLE Scores
- 3-4 Letters of recommendation (including your medical school's medicine and/or pediatric chairs)
Positions are offered through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
International Medical Graduates
Due to the large number of highly qualified applicants, only a small number of international medical graduates are granted interviews.
For International Medical Graduates we require:
- At least three months of "hands-on" clinical experience in the United States
- USMLE Step 1 and 2 scores of 210 or higher (on first attempt)
- Medical School Graduation within the last five years
- We sponsor a J-1 visa only. Please do not submit an application to our program if you require an H visa.
Interviews are granted by invitation only and will be held on Fridays from late October through January. Our interview day is designed to provide you with as much information about our program as possible, while giving us an opportunity to get to know you.
Your interview day will include:
- program presentation
- faculty interviews
- lunch with the residents
- interviews with the program directors
- tour of the facilities
There will be an informal dinner the evening before your interview. Dinner will be held at the home of one of our current residents. This is a special event for the UT Med-peds program, and it gives you a chance to meet our residents and learn more about our training program - from the inside!
Hotel accommodations will be provided for out-of-town applicants the evening before the interview
- We will provide hotel accommodations for one night at the DoubleTree Memphis Downtown.
- Your confirmation letter including interview and hotel information will be e-mailed to you a few weeks before your interview day
- Your interview packet will be at the hotel's front desk when you check in
- Please contact Melissa Hayes (901-448-3714) if you need to make changes in your interview date
Transportation from the hotel will be provided to and from campus on the day of your interview.
University of Tennessee
Med/Peds Residency Program 956 Court Ave
Memphis, TN 38163
Melissa Hayes, Coordinator