Systems Development Services
Systems Development enables UTHSC to achieve its strategic goals through the use of technology by focusing on developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications and business productivity tools.
Systems Development Teams
Our Application Development (AppDev) Team is responsible for on developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications for the campus.
Our applications and tools range from:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools, such as our Banner (the student information system) and Nolij (the document management tool).
- Custom Development (aka: Legacy) applications (developed internally to meet specific needs).
- Third-Party Software packages that may utilize data from our systems of record (Banner and IRIS/SAP) or stand-alone.
Web Services is the division of ITS that is responsible for maintaining and updating the more than 15,000 web pages that make up the UTHSC web presence.
Projects we are currently working on include:
- a UTHSC template redesign
- OU Campus training
- making sure all pages are W3C standard-compliant
Our Business Analysts (BAs) work with the Project Management Office (PMO) to:
- gather user requirements
- listen and understand a customers wants and needs
- identify functionality of a system
- document current and future processes
- facilitate meetings
- help to determine the very best tool for the job
Our Application Support Team promotes the integration of technology to improve business productivity across the campus through the use of a wide variety of software tools and applications.
- classroom training
- individual consultations
- self-paced learning modules
- written documentation.
To learn more about the technology we support, visit our SysDev Application Support Matrix.