Workers' Compensation and Risk Management
The purpose of Workers Compensation is to provide care and compensation to University employees who are injured or contract an occupational illness in the course of employment. The State of Tennessee Division of Claims Administration requires both an Accident and Supervisor Report to be completed for each job related injury or illness.
Risk management addresses events such as an accident or occurrence involving general liability, professional liability, or automobile liability.
Workers' Compensation Claims Process
- For a new injury, employee & supervisor must call the nurse line to get a doctor’s appointment. CorVel nurse triage line: 1-866-245-8588
- Perfectly OK to ask the nurse for approval to go to a specific doctor, or places you’ve used before.
- After calling nurse, employee should complete and sign the State of Tennessee Accident Report and return it to workers’ compensation campus representative (910 Madison Ave., Suite 727).
- Your supervisor must complete the Supervisor's Report, and the Initial Medical Information Checklist. Return all original forms to the HR Benefits office the day of the accident/injury if possible.
- To fill initial prescriptions, complete the First Fill form and present it to the pharmacy at the time the prescription is being filled.
First Fill Forms for Pharmacy
This is a new step added to the workers' compensation process for employees who are
injured at work:
Cypress Care has been selected by State of Tennessee to assist employees in obtaining prescription drugs related to their workers compensation claim. The First Fill form enables employees to fill prescriptions written by authorized workers' compensation physicians for medications related to their injuries. This form should ensure that you will have no out-of-pocket expenses when you fill your first prescription. For most injuries, use of the First Fill form allows for a 10-day supply of medicine with a limit of $150 per prescription. For injuries involving blood borne exposures you are allowed a 14-day supply of a prophylactic medicine with a limit of $1,000 per prescription.
Workers Compensation/Risk Management
CorVel Corporation - Claims Management
New Claims Call-In – Nurse Triage
Existing/old claims (questions, documents, bills, etc…)
Human Resources Office
910 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163