The fellowship is clinically based with research months allotted over the 3 years. Special Research Fellowships (pending availability) can be arranged by contacting the fellowship coordinator.
Doctors may apply to the UTHSC Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship through the AAMC ERAS Program (ACGME ID 1414721175).
Applications open July 1 and the deadline is August 31 for the academic year beginning July, 2017.
Those not wishing to utilize ERAS may apply directly by filling out the Application for the Fellowship Program . Paper applications must be submitted along with all required documentation.
Applications must include:
- updated Curriculum Vitae
- personal statement
- copy of exam scores
- three letters of recommendation
Please contact the fellowship coordinator for additional requirements.
Interviews will be held during August and September of 2016.
2016-2017 Resident Compensation Rates for ACGME-Accredited Programs
|PGY Level||Base Annual||with Disability
Life Benefits *
*In addition to the base salary, those residents participating in the disability and group life insurance programs provided through GME currently receive an additional $600 per year for disability and life insurance benefits as shown above in Column 3.
For more resident salary information, please see GME Policy #210.
Vacation & Leave
- Two weeks paid leave per year
- Five days off at Christmas/New Years
- Additional leave granted to attend one conference per year (e.g., annual Scientific Sessions of American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, Southern Society for Clinical Investigation)
- Call is from home. Residents are present in-house for help with admissions to cardiology service/CICU
- First call is taken by 1st and 2nd year fellows
- Backup call is provided by 3rd year fellows
- MedPlex: Every Wednesday afternoon. First years only.
- VAMC: Every Thursday afternoon, all fellows
- MedPlex Consult Clinic: Every Wednesday morning, one 2nd year or 3rd year fellow
- VA Pacer Clinic: Every Thursday morning, noninvasive fellow
- VA Lipid Clinic: Every Tuesday afternoon, VA consult fellow with residents from consult service