Clinical Investigation Track Master of Science in Epidemiology Program
April 15th for applicants to be considered for fall enrollment.
What is It?
The 36 credit hour Master of Epidemiology program, has evolved to emphasize clinical investigation and interdisciplinary translational research and to accommodate the schedules and needs of busy clinicians.
Students will find:
- All core courses offered ONLINE
- NEW courses in Infectious Diseases, Informatics, Advanced SAS, Community-based Participatory Research, and Translational Science, along with current comprehensive content in Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Academic credit for professional research experience
- Greater involvement, teaching, and mentoring by clinical faculty
- Targeted research and instruction on clinical investigation
- Summer course offerings
- Workshop format-based courses
- Streamlined degree path
- Tuition-waiver opportunities for qualified students
Who Should Enroll?
The program is offered to qualified applicants holding baccalaureate, masters' or professional degrees in a variety of disciplines, including physical, biological, and social sciences, as well as the health and medical sciences.
How is Our Program Different?
Our program emphasizes the development of clinical research skill sets, enabling graduates to become independent clinical investigators. Students receive training in:
- Economics of Health & Health Care
- Clinical Trial Methods
- Health Behavior
- Health Promotion
- Infectious Diseases
- Professional Experience Credit
What Do Students Like About Our Program?
- Individual attention from instructors and program staff
- Interdisciplinary subjects integrated into the curriculum
- Flexibility of electives
- Opportunity for independent study and special-topic seminar
- Options for Master's thesis or project
Who Do I Contact for More Information?
Contact Elizabeth Webb in the College of Graduate Health Sciences for more information (901-448-7030).
Zoran Bursac, PhD
Interim Program Chair
Simonne S. Nouer, MD, PhD
Elizabeth Webb, MA
College of Graduate Health Sciences
Clinical Investigation Track
STE. 807, 920 Madison Building
Memphis, TN 38103