Advanced Education in General Dentistry
Following completion of the program in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, residents will be able to:
- Serve as the patient's first contact for dental care.
- Provide services and consultation for the timely entry of patients into the dental care system.
- Evaluate a patient's general systemic health and plan treatment accordingly.
- Plan and properly sequence patient treatment procedures.
- Provide continuity of patient care.
- Provide a comprehensive range of dental services which will minimize the need for patient referral, but provide referral to appropriate specialists when necessary.
- Coordinate treatment provided by dental specialists and qualified dental auxiliary personnel.
- Provide a comprehensive range of dental services to special population groups including medically compromised, handicapped, geriatric and cancer patients.
- Provide a comprehensive range of dental services which require knowledge and skills beyond those of the recent dental school graduate.
- Manage a dental office:
- apply principles of decision-making
- apply principles of finance including insurance and prepaid programs and
- understand issues on quality of care, peer review, malpractice and ethics.
- Communicate and consult with patients.
UTHSC College of Dentistry
875 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6639
Clinic: (901) 448-7196
Fax: (901) 448-1294
Robert L. Brandt, DDS