Budget and Benefits Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Faculty Handbook sections related to faculty compensation;
- Compensated outside activities policy;
- Faculty compensation package;
- Campus-wide long-range planning;
- Evaluation of space allocations and physical facilities;
- Faculty recruitment and retention; and
- Education of faculty about the budget process and related issues.
- Promote the dissemination of clearly stated Faculty compensation and benefits policies and encourage the equitable application of these policies across all colleges.
- Promote clear and equitable consideration regarding the criteria for faculty salary raises and bonuses (based on merit, market equity and/or cost of living and salary compression).
- Provide Faculty input into the planning of the UTHSC annual budget and analyzing of administrative overhead.
- Address library access and funding issues for faculty across the UT system.
Members of Committee
|Andrea Elberger , Chair||College of Medicine-Basic|
|Chris Ledbetter||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Dan Martin||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Vernon Pennington||College of Dentistry|
|Rajendra Raghow||College of Medicine-Basic|
|Christiana Spivey||College of Pharmacy|
|Cheryl Stegbauer||College of Nursing|
|Elaine Stegman||College of Allied Health Sciences|
|Thad Wilson||Past President|
Faculty Senate President Office
George Cook, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163