The goal of University Health Services (UHS) is to create and sustain a healthy campus community supporting the importance of a healthy social and learning environment.
Services provided include adult comprehensive primary care including women's health, occupational health, behavioral health, travel medicine, preventive screenings and laboratory services. UHS is the provider for all student health care for UTHSC, as well as for the Baptist College of Health Sciences. UHS also provides urgent care and Occupational Health to UTHSC employees. UHS uses an electronic medical records software package in order to establish cutting-edge status by having all of the clinic's functions, including patient medical records, appointments, and labs, completely on-line.
A full time board-certified Internal Medicine Physician, Dr. Lawrence Madlock, serves as the Director. UHS is proud to have highly qualified health care personnel and staff who collaborate to provide comprehensive expert health and illness care.
The mission of University Health Services is to provide the best possible care to every patient, every day.
In accord with its mission, UHS:
- Provides patient-centered primary care to UTHSC students, UTHSC employees, and Baptist College of Health Science Center students.
- Provides occupational health and surveillance for UTHSC employees
- Believes in relationship-centered care as a type of care that recognizes patients within families, communities, health organizations, and all relevant relationships that influence health and healing.
- Offers access via e-mail, same day appointments, after hours, and web site to meet client needs.
- Promotes wellness, health education and a full range of preventive services.
- Affiliates with all university units and other neighboring health organizations.
Information about what to do in case of various emergencies.
910 Madison Ave. Suite 922
Memphis, Tennessee 38163