2013 - 2014 Vacation / Leave Form
To: All General Surgery Residents
From: Liz Pritchard, M.D.
Program Director, Surgery
- Residents have three (3) weeks of vacation (Monday through Sunday). If you are off the weekend before vacation starts, it is counted as part of your 1 in 7 "days off," not part of vacation.
- NO vacation on the following dates unless there is a VERY special reason (you MUST note that special reason on your vacation request):
- Week of Thanksgiving: November 25 - December 1
- Weeks of Christmas and New Years: December 23 - January 5
- Last week of year: June 23 - 30
- SVMIC week: September 23 - 29
- Week of Mock Orals: May 12 - 18
- Where there is a conflict, priority will be given to the most senior resident unless there is a special reason.
- If you have a special occasion, (baby, wedding, etc.) put that in the comments on your request.
- No vacation on floor. Vacation on MICU only if four (4) residents are assigned.
- No vacation on MUH Vascular.
- Rotations on which you are the only resident, (2nd year at the MED), you can take vacation as a PGY-3 at the MED. It must be on the week where there are two (2) Trauma Call days.
- Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
ANY LEAVE, INCLUDING MEETINGS, ETC., MUST BE REGISTERED VIA THIS MECHANISM. Please complete and submit this form NO LATER THAN JULY 18, 2013. Once vacations are assigned, requests for changes should be emailed to Cynthia Tooley at email@example.com. I will attempt to give everyone their top vacation choice, but with patient care requirements and 47 residents, some of you may get your second choice.
ALL LEAVE REQUESTS FOR ANY REASON MUST BE SUBMITTED TO MY OFFICE. VACATIONS EXTEND FROM MONDAY THRU SUNDAY.
By pressing the submit button, your request will be electronically submitted to me for consideration. Contact Cynthia at 901-448-7635 if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within a few days. It is your responsibility that the information submitted be accurate and submitted successfully. Print out a copy of your request for your records