Jason M. Vanatta, M.D.
Dr. Vanatta holds a bachelor degree in philosophy from Boston University as well as a bachelor degree in chemistry with emphasis in molecular biology from the University of Pittsburgh. He attended the MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine, currently renamed Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, earning his MD. Dr. Vanatta's postgraduate training includes general surgery residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He then completed a fellowship at Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA, where he also served as a clinical instructor in general surgery.
Research and Interests
Liver Transplantation, Autoimmune Liver Diseases, Steatohepatitis, Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Renal Disease in Chronic Liver Disease and Liver Transplantation, Immunosuppression Agents, Immune Function Monitoring, Living Donor Transplantation, and Pediatric Transplantation
Specialty and Clinical Interests
- Abdominal Organ Transplantation, Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine
Post Doctoral Education
- Categorical Intern and Resident in General Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TN
- Fellow in Multi-Organ Abdominal Transplantation Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery 2006-2016
- Methodist/Lebonheur Healthcare Memphis Hospitals
- Baptist Health Services Group Preferred Provider