Wei Li, Ph.D.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- B.S. in Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, 1992
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Columbia University, Professor N. J. Turro 1999
The research in our lab is highly multi-disciplinary and often involves collaboration with other labs. Currently research in our group broadly focuses on the following three areas:
- Discovery of novel therapeutic agent for melanoma;
- Discovery of novel vitamin D analogs as potential therapeutic agents; and
- Application of NMR spectroscopy, especially high resolution magic angle spinning NMR (HRMAS NMR) techniques, in drug discovery studies.
Techniques used in our lab include extensive molecular modeling, organic synthesis, in vitro and in vivo biological assay, and nanotechnology based drug delivery approaches. For more information about the group including recent publications, please visit our lab homepage.
MEDC813, Research Techniques in Medicinal Chemistry, PhD students only, Course director and sole instructor.
MEDC612/812, Organic Medicinal Chemistry, PharmD and PhD students, instructor