847 Monroe Ave Room 327D
Memphis, TN 38163
Tel: (901) 448-6085
Fax: (901) 448-6828
Current Office Hours
Bob M. Moore II, Ph.D.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- B.S. in Chemistry, Indiana State University, 1983
- M.S. in Chemistry, Indiana State University, 1989
- Ph.D. (Medicinal Chemistry), University of Kansas, 1995
Research in Dr. Moore's lab integrates synthetic organic chemistry, computational chemistry and biological assays aimed at developing new chemotherapeutic entities. The current areas of research include:
- Development of cannabinoid receptor (CB1 and CB2) agonist and antagonist.
- Development of novel therapies for combat causality care with emphasis on hemorrhagic shock and hemostasis.
- Development of GPRC directed anti-neoplastic agents.
- Combination drug therapies for the treatment of sepsis, stroke and ischemic brain conditions.
Nallamothu R, Wood GC, Kiani MF, Moore BM, Horton FP, Thoma LA.A targeted liposome delivery system for combretastatin A4: formulation optimization through drug loading and in vitro release studies. PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2006 May-Jun;60(3):144-55.
Bavadekar SA, Ma G, Mustafa SM, Moore BM, Miller DD, Feller DR.Tethered yohimbine analogs as selective human alpha2C-adrenergic receptor ligands. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006 Nov;319(2):739-48.
Nallamothu R, Wood GC, Pattillo CB, Scott RC, Kiani MF, Moore BM, Thoma LA.A tumor vasculature targeted liposome delivery system for combretastatin A4: design, characterization, and in vitro evaluation.AAPS PharmSciTech. 2006 Apr 7;7(2):E32.
Duntsch C, Divi MK, Jones T, Zhou Q, Krishnamurthy M, Boehm P, Wood G, Sills A, Moore BM 2nd.Safety and efficacy of a novel cannabinoid chemotherapeutic, KM-233, for the treatment of high-grade glioma.J Neurooncol. 2006 Apr;77(2):143-52.
Pattillo CB, Sari-Sarraf F, Nallamothu R, Moore BM, Wood GC, Kiani MF.Targeting of the antivascular drug combretastatin to irradiated tumors results in
tumor growth delay.Pharm Res. 2005 Jul;22(7):1117-20.
Mustafa SM, Bavadekar SA, Ma G, Moore BM, Feller DR, Miller DD.Synthesis and biological studies of yohimbine derivatives on human alpha2C-adrenergic receptors.Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005 Jun 2;15(11):2758-60.
Krishnamurthy M, Li W, Moore BM 2nd.Synthesis, biological evaluation, and structural studies on N1 and C5 substituted cycloalkyl analogues of the pyrazole class of CB1 and CB2 ligands.Bioorg Med Chem. 2004 Jan 15;12(2):393-404.
Lalchandani SG, Zhang X, Hong SS, Liggett SB, Li W, Moore BM 2nd, Miller DD, Feller DR.Medetomidine analogs as selective agonists for the human alpha2-adrenoceptors.Biochem Pharmacol. 2004 Jan 1;67(1):87-96.
Krishnamurthy M, Ferreira AM, Moore BM 2nd.Synthesis and testing of novel phenyl substituted side-chain analogues of classical cannabinoids. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003 Oct 20;13(20):3487-90.
- Recent Trends in Molecular Recognition, "Molecular Recognition of DNA by Ecteinascidin 743", Vol. 26 (G. Stock and U. –F. Habenicht, Eds.) Springer-Verlag, 1998.