Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The mission of the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy is to bring the benefits of the pharmacy profession and pharmaceutical sciences to the citizens of Tennessee and the region, by pursuing an integrated program of education, research, clinical care, and public service.
The College of Pharmacy pursues this mission and supports the achievement of the University’s mission by:
- Offering a professional degree educational program that produces knowledgeable, skilled and caring pharmacists who are prepared to optimize medication therapy;
- Conducting research, scholarship and post-graduate training in the design, development,production and utilization of medications and in the areas of clinical care, education and healthcare in order to prevent or treat disease and injury; and
- Delivering patient care services, based on contemporary evidence-based guidelines, best practices and research findings to the citizens of Tennessee and the region; and
- Serving as a resource to the community, health care professionals, policy makers, and scientists on the safe, equitable, efficient and effective use of medications for the citizens of Tennessee and beyond.
To be the premier college of pharmacy by creating a rich culture of learning, research,
scholarship, outreach and clinical care with the overall goal of improving human health
in a team-based environment.
In pursuing the mission of the College of Pharmacy the faculty, students, and staff are guided by these shared values, which are the foundation of its practices, spirit, and culture. We are dedicated to:
- Advancing excellence.
- The profession of pharmacy with an orientation to the future.
- Our student pharmacists, alumni, citizens of Tennessee and beyond.
- Professionalism in faculty, staff and students.
- Mutual trust, respect, honest, integrity and accountability.
- Interprofessional and interdisciplinary collaboration and teamwork.
- Diversity in our faculty, staff and student body.
- Continuous quality improvement.
- Practice that is evidenced-based.
The College of Pharmacy pursues these mission elements by focusing on the four major areas of:
- Student Access and Success
- Research and Scholarship
- Clinical Care and Outreach
- Resource Stewardship
College of Pharmacy -
881 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6036
Fax: (901) 448-7053
College of Pharmacy - Knoxville
1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 974-2100
Fax: (865) 974-2022
College of Pharmacy - Nashville
193 Polk Ave Suite 2D
Nashville, TN 37210
Phone: (615) 532-3401
Fax: (615) 532-3399