Only the following individuals will be considered as applicants in fellowship training programs in the University of Tennessee Graduate Medical Education Program.
- Graduates of Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)- approved U.S. and Canadian Medical Schools.
- International Medical Graduates who have valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificates.
- Graduates of American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Osteopathic Medical Schools.
- Have completed 3 years in an ACGME- accredited clinical pediatric residency program.
- Have a valid medical license in the U.S.
Visa Status: Visa Status for International Medical Graduates must fall within the following categories:
- Eligible to seek J-1 visa
- Permanent Resident or Alien status (i.e., Green Card)
- In accordance with the University of Tennessee Graduate Medical Education guidelines, this program does not sponsor fellows for H type visas.
Effective July 1, 2010, all new fellows entering Memphis-based GME programs at the PGY3 or higher level must have passed Step 3 (or equivalent examination) before beginning training at UT. The resident/fellow is responsible for providing evidence of passage of Step 3 (or equivalent exam) to the program director.
How to Apply
- Submit application through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Beginning in June for the July Application Cycle
- Include a personal statement describing your specific interests in Pediatric Critical Care and your goals for this training.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably one from the program director of your residency program.
- ECFMG certificate if applicable.
Application Process and Interviews
- Opportunities for interviews will be extended to applicants based on qualifications as determined by USMLE scores, letters of recommendation and all other application documents.
- Candidates will be invited for interviews beginning in late July/early August.
- The Pediatric Critical Care Program does participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Pediatric Specialties Spring Match.
Department of Pediatrics
Critical Care Division
Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
50 N Dunlap, 3rd Floor
Memphis, TN 38103