Residency Application Process
- The applicant for orthopaedic education in the University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic Department of Orthopaedic Surgery must be a senior medical student of an accredited U. S. medical school or have received an MD degree from an accredited U. S. medical school.
- The deadline for receipt of completed applications is NOVEMBER 1. Acceptance into the program is competitive and is made by individual selection on the basis of past performance, references, and interviews.
- Applications are screened by members of the Education Committee and interviews of selected candidates are arranged through the Education Office. Interviews are conducted usually in December and January.
- Invitations to interview at the University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic Orthopaedic Residency Program are based upon multiple factors, including medical school grades, USMLE scores, ERAS application data, letters of recommendations, and performance on home and away clinical rotations.
- Eight (8) resident appointments are made each year through the National Resident Matching Program. Applications match at the PGY-1 year into the University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic orthopaedic residency, an ACGME accredited five year categorical program. Our NRMP code is 184438.
- It is expected that a candidate who accepts an orthopaedic residency program does so in good faith and will not resign to accept a similar position in some other institution.
- Appointments are made for one (1) year only, but are renewable annually to cover the duration of resident study. Appointments may be terminated at any time that the resident's work or conduct is unsatisfactory, as determined after due process.
- All applications are processed through ERAS.
Additional information about the Orthopaedic residency program can be found on the Campbell Clinic site.
Orthopaedic Surgery and Biomedical Engineering
1211 Union Ave. Suite 520
Memphis, TN 38104
Phone: (901) 448-5880
Fax: (901) 448-3208
Campbell Foundation Education Office
1211 Union Ave Suite 510
Memphis, TN 38104
Phone: (901) 759-3275
Phone: (901) 759-3274