Published Print Resources Available in ORGS Office
Lists of print materials related to nursing research or scholarly practice, writing skills, grant proposal development, and related topics
- Grant Writing Workshop, Jean McSweeney, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN
- Traits of Successful Grant Writers
- Sample Grant Sections
- Preliminary Studies
- Data Analysis
- Budget and Re-Submission
- The Original How to Write a Research Grant Application
- Tool for Planning the Grant Application Process. Crain, HC, Broome, ME. Nursing Outlook. 48(6):288-93.
- Grant Application Process Planning Tool (GAPPT) described: resource for investigators to better manage their grant preparation activities and precious time.
- Mediator and Moderator Variables in Nursing Research: Conceptual and Statistical Differences. Bennett, JA. Research in Nursing & Health, 2000, 23, 415-420.
- Mock Review: CON Guidelines and Forms for Mock Review
- Checklist for Research Proposal
- Broken Hearts: Women's Symptoms of Heart Disease. McSweeney, Jean. [model of how to build a research program] - Slides
- Words Worth Their Weight in Cash [re: developing grant proposal narrative]. Markin, K. Chronicle of Higher Education, Friday, April 8, 2005.
- NIH Funding Workshop – March 2006 Natl Inst Child Health & Human Dev.
- Top 10 Grant Problems - ORA - Debbie Smith. Workshop slides & notes
- Electronic Grants Submission - ORA - 8/14/06 Workshop slides & notes
- NIH Grants 101 - ORA - Workshop slides & Notes
- Clinical Trials - ORA - Workshop slides & Notes
- UTHSC IRB Submission - ORA - Workshop slides & Notes
- Local Funders Forum – 1/27/2006 - Local Funders discuss success strategies
- Researching Grant Funding – 4/26/2006 - Search techniques for private funding
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
- NINR Research Mechanisms and Dates
- NINR Frequently Asked Questions
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Electronic Submission
- NIH: Inside the Grant Review Process
UTHSC College of Nursing
920 Madison Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Toll Free: 800-733-2498