Education is our top priority at the University of Tennessee. As such, we offer multiple educational experiences, including:
- An 18 month rotating, structured curriculum, covering all of the major topics in Hematology / Oncology Monday & Tuesday morning conferences.
- A Written curriculum for each rotation.
- Exam review course - an annual review of hematology & oncology in preparation for in-service exams.
- Journal Club- a once-monthly critical review of recent medical literature given by selected fellows.
- Research Meetings Once a month presentation of unusual or interesting cases by selected fellows.
- Med/Onc Meetings Once a month update of research and diseases presented by West Clinic physicians.
- Foundational Conference weekly for first year fellows, to build a base of knowledge to carry them forward in the program. The intent is to review each disease site in detail to prepare the first year fellow for their future clinical rotations, their second year fellowship and their in-service examination.
- Board Review weekly review for 3rd year fellows as a study guide for board certification.
- Benign Hematology Symposium meets monthly to discuss in-depth diagnosis and management of bleeding disorders.