Service Guidelines for Mail Services
- Postage sales (stamps, stamped envelopes, stamped post cards)
- Domestic money orders up to $1,000 (see below)
- Shipping & receiving of packages (United States Postal Service (USPS) only - see package information below)
- Registered and Express mail > (8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. only)
- Priority mail (Priority Mail envelopes & boxes are available)
- International airmail services
- Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation, Return Receipt, Certified and Insured mail services
- Post Office Boxes (contact Mail Services for rates and availability)
- Change of Address Service
Note: All services provided by the UTHSC Post Office may be purchased only with cash or business check. Personal checks are not accepted.
Money Orders (Maximum $1,000)
Money Orders must be purchased with cash only and are available only from 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- If the amount is between $0.01 - $500.00, the fee is $1.10
- If the amount is between $500.01 - $1000.00, the fee is $1.50
Domestic postal money orders may be cashed at the University Post Office, subject to the availability of funds. If sufficient funds are not available, the customer will be referred to the nearest United States Post Office branch.
Services Not Available
- International money orders
- Postal insurance claims
- Passport Application
- Bulk Mailing
The UTHSC Post Office currently does not stock items such as manila envelopes, padded envelopes, bubble wrap, etc. These items are available from the Universitys office supply contractor or some items may be available from the UTHSC Bookstore.
The UTHSC Post Office does not accept or deliver packages shipped via United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx), Airborne Express, or any other private delivery company. We pick up and deliver United States Postal Service (USPS) and inter-campus mail only.
Zip + 4
Departments are sometimes asked to provide the four digit zip code suffix for their zip code (Zip + 4). For departments that use the campus 38163 zip code, the campus building number serves as the four digit zip code suffix. For more information, view a listing of building names and number . Departments that use zip codes other than 38163 can find their four digit zip code suffix by visiting the USPS web site and completing a simple zip code lookup search.
The United States Postal Service website has comprehensive information regarding postal rates, limitations, and general mail handling procedures.
Mail Services/UTHSC Post Office
920 Madison Ave.
Room NC016, Madison Plaza Concourse
Memphis, TN 38163
Window Service Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.