Interview Selection Criteria
Thank you for your interest in our Program. Our interview selection criteria for Resident Applicants are listed below. We accept applications ONLY through ERAS, for U.S. and International Medical Graduates. Applications for the Post-Match SOAP Process will be excepted ONLY through ERAS as well.
Applications are expected to meet or exceed the following criteria for Interview Selection:
- Applicant must hold either full U.S. citizenship or be a permanent resident (with a Green Card). J-1 Visa applicants will be considered during the Post-Match Scramble.
- Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps I & II (CS and CK). It will be at our discretion to grant an interview if an applicant has failed their USMLE Step 1 OR Step 2. (Osteopathic applicants must have passed the equivalent exams.) NO MINIMUM SCORE REQUIREMENTS.
- Applicants may not be granted an interview IF applicant has not graduated medical
school within the CURRENT CALENDAR YEAR to which you are applying. For example, if
you are applying for the start date of July 2015, then you MUST have graduated between
January 2015 July 2015).
- International Medical Graduates must have a minimum of twelve consecutive months of experience in a U.S. healthcare system in managed patient care.
- International Medical Graduates must have ECFMG certification.
- All applicants must submit letters of recommendation from a minimum of three physicians practicing in a U.S. healthcare system.
If you have met ALL of the above criteria, I would be very happy to review your application through ERAS. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (800) 640-7589, ext 262. or via email.
Thanks once again for your interest in our program and we look forward to hearing from you.
Heather Cavness, Residency Program Recruiter
Following the TN Medical Board Guidelines, when considering Caribbean medical school
applicants for interviews, we only accept applicants who are eligible to obtain a
TN license. The only four Caribbean medical schools eligible are: Saba University,
Ross University, St. George’s University and American University of the Caribbean.
Any Foreign Medical School in the Caribbean that is not listed DOES NOT meet the criteria
of the University of Tennessee Family Medicine Residency Program of Jackson, Tennessee.
Family Medicine Residency Program-Jackson
294 Summar Ave
Jackson, TN 38301-3983
Phone: (731) 423-1932
Fax: (731) 410-0369