- Each scientist, physician, or pathologist who wishes to use the LCM system must first be trained and certified by Dr. Hao Chen.
- Currently, there is a $26 hourly charge for using the LCM, including training time. Disposable LCM supplies will be provided for training, after which you will be responsible for purchasing your own from LifeTech.
- Since slide preparation is the most critical component of successful cell capture, it is strongly recommended that each investigator initially work with Dr. Chen to optimize tissue preparation procedures specific for the user-defined tissue samples prior to attempting LCM on critical experimental or clinical samples. Once such a protocol has been optimized for each user, individual researchers can opt to continue slide preparation in the LCM wet lab or can prepare slides in his/her lab. In the latter case, a small dessicator or slide box containing dessicant will be necessary for transporting the slides to the LCM facility from other laboratories.
- Individual researchers are responsible for:
- any special cell or tissue stain(s).
- specific extraction buffers in microfuge vials for each sample;
- performing all subsequent assays.
- removing all digitized images from the computer at the end of each session.
- The use of the LCM facility is limited to a maximum of 3 hours in any one session. Sessions can be scheduled from 9 AM - 12 noon (first session) or 1 PM - 4 PM (second session). No evening hours, weekends or holidays will be available without extenuating circumstances and require prior arrangement with Dr. Chen.
Laser Capture Microdissection Facility
Hao Chen, PhD.
Department of Pharmacology
Nash Annex, Room 250F
Memphis, TN 38163