Faculty Research Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Enhancement of the research environment;
- Policies on research grants and funding;
- Policies on copyrights and patents;
- Policies on human and animal research;
- Policies on scientific misconduct and fraud;
- Development of interdisciplinary research;
- Removal of impediments to research.
- To work with the Vice Chancellor of Research to develop and implement the guidelines for the evaluation process of Bridge Funding.
- To work with administration to upgrade research equipment; and/or obtain service contracts for research equipment.
- Review and support equitable guidelines for research space allocation.
- Continue review of Post-doctoral Trainee issues.
- Support Research Faculty professional development, including publication, resource availability and grant support.
- Review and make recommendations on how faculty are evaluated for research efforts.
- Work to require that a portion of the F&A be returned to the investigator.
Members of Committee
|Christopher Waters, Chair||College of Medicine-Basic|
|Sarka Beranova||College of Pharmacy|
|Robert Craft||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Oscar Grandas||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Eldon Geisert||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|David Hamilton||College of Medicine-Basic|
|Stacey Headley||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Patti Johnstone||College of Allied Health Sciences|
|Mohammad Kashif Ismail||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Anastasios Karydis||College of Dentistry|
|Victor Kolade||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Pat Speck||College of Nursing|
|Mike McDonald||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Helena Parfenova||College of Medicine-Basic|
|Merry Sebelik||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Jeff Steketee||College of Medicine-Basic|
|Antheunis Versluis||College of Dentistry|
|Junling Wang||College of Pharmacy|
|Zhaohui (Sunny) Wu||College of Medicine-Clinical|
Faculty Senate President Office
George Cook, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163