Faculty Research Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Enhancement of the research environment;
- Policies on research grants and funding;
- Policies on copyrights and patents;
- Policies on human and animal research;
- Policies on scientific misconduct and fraud;
- Development of interdisciplinary research;
- Removal of impediments to research.
- To work with the Vice Chancellor of Research to develop and implement the guidelines for the evaluation process of Bridge Funding.
- To work with administration to upgrade research equipment; and/or obtain service contracts for research equipment.
- Review and support equitable guidelines for research space allocation.
- Continue review of Post-doctoral Trainee issues.
- Support Research Faculty professional development, including publication, resource availability and grant support.
- Review and make recommendations on how faculty are evaluated for research efforts.
- Work to require that a portion of the F&A be returned to the investigator.
Members of Committee
|Maggie DeBon, Cahir||COM-Clinicalemail@example.com|
|Zhaohui (Sunny) Wu||COM-Clinicalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Debbie Smith||ex officio|
|Polly Hofmann||ex officio|
Faculty Senate President Office
George Cook, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163