FAQ for Students Regarding Insurance:
1. What if I have an urgent care issue after 5:00 p.m.?
Call UHS at 448-5630. If it’s after hours, the voice mail message will tell you how to reach the provider on-call. The provider on-call will help you and make recommendations for your health care. If you can’t wait to be seen at UHS the following morning and need to go to the emergency room, you should refer to your insurance company benefits. If you are on the United student insurance plan, there is an additional $100 deductible (on top of the $250 deductible) for going to the emergency room. This additional $100 is waived if you are admitted to the hospital.
2. I am required to have several immunizations and titers for school. Are any covered on my insurance?
All immunizations for your age that are recommended by the CDC are covered at 100% if you are on the United student insurance plan. Many BlueCross BlueShield plans also cover immunizations.
3. I need long term counseling. How does that work?
Short-term counseling is available for all students through the Student Assistance Program (SAP). If you need long term counseling and are on the United student insurance plan, these services are available at no additional cost to you if seen by a provider at UHS.
4. If I am referred out to a specialist or to have a test done, what expenses will I incur?
If you are on the United student insurance plan, you will be responsible for the $250 deductible plus 20% for in-network providers.
5. If I have specific questions about the United Student Insurance plan and do not see the answers on the UHS website, who can I contact?
The representative for our campus is Jerry Holland at Holland Insurance, Inc.
ph: 662-895-5528, toll free: 888-393-9500, e-mail: email@example.com
Information about what to do in case of various emergencies.
910 Madison Ave. Suite 922
Memphis, Tennessee 38163