Tim Jancelewicz, M.D., M.A.
Dr. Jancelewicz's formal education began at the University of Toronto where he obtained both his BS and MA degrees. After earning his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons in New York, he moved on to the University of California, San Francisco, where he completed both his surgical residency as well as a postdoctoral research fellowship. From there he went back to Toronto and completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at The Hospital for Sick Children.
In 2013, Dr. Jancelewicz joined the Division of Pediatric Surgery at the University Of Tennessee Health Science Center and Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics. Dr Jancelewicz is a member of the American Pediatric Surgical Association, the American College of Surgeons, and the Howard C. Naffziger Surgical Society.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Neonatal Surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Congenital pulmonary and thoracic disorders
University and Hospital Appointments
- Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
- Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, New York
Post Graduate Training
- Fellowship, Pediatric Surgery: The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow: University of California, San Francisco
- Resident, General Surgery: University of California, San Francisco
- Wales PW, Jancelewicz T, Romao RL, Piper HG, de Silva NT, Avitzur Y. Delayed primary serial transverse enteroplasty as a novel management strategy for infants with congenital ultra-short bowel syndrome. J Ped Surg, 48(5): 993-9, 2013.
- Jancelewicz T, Chiang M, Oliveira C, Chiu PP. Late surgical outcomes among congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) patients: why long-term follow up with surgeons is recommended. J Ped Surg, 48(5): 935-41, 2013.
- Jancelewicz T, Langer JC, Chiang M, Bonnard A, Zamakhshary M, Chiu PP. Thoracoscopic repair of neonatal congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH): outcomes after a systematic quality improvement process. J Ped Surg, 48(2): 321-5, 2013.
- Jancelewicz T, Vu LT, Keller RL, Jelin EB, Bratton BJ, Townsend TC, Nobuhara KK. Outcomes of multigestational pregnancies affected by congenital diaphragmatic hernia. J Ped Surg, 45(9): 1753-8, 2010.
- Jancelewicz T, Vu LT, Keller RL, Bratton BJ, Lee H, Farmer DL, Harrison MR, Miniati D, Mackenzie TC, Hirose S, Nobuhara KK. Long-term surgical outcomes in congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH): observations from a single institution. J Ped Surg, 45(1): 155-60, 2010.
- Stephenson JT, Pichakron KO, Vu LT, Jancelewicz T, Jamshidi R, Grayson K, Nobuhara KK. Inflammatory bowel damage is ameliorated by in-utero repair of gastroschisis in the sheep (Ovis aries) model. J Ped Surg 45(1): 65-9, 2010.
- Jancelewicz T, Harrison MR. A History of Fetal Surgery. Clin Perinatol, 36(2): 227-36, 2009.
- Jancelewicz T, Grethel EJ, Chapin CJ, Clifton MS, Nobuhara KK. Vascular endothelial growth factor isoform and receptor expression during compensatory lung growth. J Surg Res, 160(1): 107-13, 2010. Epub 2008 Dec 7.
- Jancelewicz T, Vu L, Shawo A, Yeh B, Gasper W, Harris HW. Predicting strangulated small bowel obstruction: an old problem revisited. J Gastrointest Surg, 13(1): 93-9, 2009.
- Jancelewicz T, Nohuhara KK, Hawgood S. Laser microdissection allows detection of abnormal gene expression in cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lung. J Ped Surg 43(6): 1044-51, 2008.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
Dr. Jancelewicz enjoys spending time with his wife, Erica and their two sons, Bennett Price and Greyson. He also enjoys running, enology and cooking.