Tim Jancelewicz, M.D., M.A.
Dr. Jancelewicz’s formal education began at the University of Toronto where he obtained both his BS and MA degrees. After earning his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons in New York, he moved on to the University of California, San Francisco, where he completed both his surgical residency as well as a postdoctoral research fellowship. From there he went back to Toronto and completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at The Hospital for Sick Children.
In 2013, Dr. Jancelewicz joined the Division of Pediatric Surgery at the University Of Tennessee Health Science Center and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital. Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics. Dr Jancelewicz is a member of the American Pediatric Surgical Association, the American College of Surgeons, and the Howard C. Naffziger Surgical Society.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Neonatal Surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Congenital pulmonary and thoracic disorders
University and Hospital Appointments
- Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
- Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, New York
Post Graduate Training
- Fellowship, Pediatric Surgery: The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow: University of California, San Francisco
- Resident, General Surgery: University of California, San Francisco
- Puligandla PS, Grabowski J, Austin M, Hedrick H, Renaud E, Arnold M, Williams RF, Graziano K, Dasgupta R, McKee M, Lopez ME, Jancelewicz T, Goldin A, Downard CD, Islam S. Management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia: A systematic review from the APSA outcomes and evidence based practice committee. J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Nov;50(11):1958-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2015.09.010. Review. PubMed PMID: 26463502.
- Bachier M, Hammond SE, Williams R, Jancelewicz T, Feliz A. Pediatric scalds: do cooking-related burns have a higher injury burden? J Surg Res. 2015 Nov;199(1):230-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2015.05.016. PubMed PMID: 26076686.
- Jancelewicz T, Barmherzig R, Chung CT, Ling SC, Kamath BM, Ng VL, Amaral J, O'Connor C, Fecteau A, Langer JC. A screening algorithm for the efficient exclusion of biliary atresia in infants with cholestatic jaundice. J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Mar;50(3):363-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2014.08.014. PubMed PMID: 25746690.
- Wales PW, Jancelewicz T, Romao RL, Piper HG, de Silva NT, Avitzur Y. Delayed primary serial transverse enteroplasty as a novel management strategy for infants with congenital ultra-short bowel syndrome. J Pediatr Surg. 2013 May;48(5):993-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2013.02.015. PubMed PMID: 23701772.
- Jancelewicz T, Chiang M, Oliveira C, Chiu PP. Late surgical outcomes among congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) patients: why long-term follow-up with surgeons is recommended. J Pediatr Surg. 2013 May;48(5):935-41. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2013.02.005. PubMed PMID: 23701763.
- Jancelewicz T, Langer JC, Chiang M, Bonnard A, Zamakhshary M, Chiu PP. Thoracoscopic repair of neonatal congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH): outcomes after a systematic quality improvement process. J Pediatr Surg. 2013 Feb;48(2):321-5; discussion 325. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2012.11.012. PubMed PMID: 23414859.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
Dr. Jancelewicz enjoys spending time with his wife Erica and their children, Greyson, Bennett, and Perry. He also enjoys running, enology and cooking.