Surgical Oncology Division
Stephen W. Behrman, MD, FACS
Ramona Pipkin, (901) 448-5914, email@example.com
Dr. Behrman is a Massachusetts native. He attended college and medical school at Boston University. His surgical residency was completed at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He attended The Ohio State University to complete his fellowship in Gastrointestinal Surgery. He served as an officer in the United States Naval Reserve from 1988-2005. Dr. Behrman joined the surgery faculty at UT in 1997. His academic interests include cancer of the foregut, peptic ulcer disease, inflammatory bowel disease and hernias.
Dr. Behrman established the Herb Kosten Pancreatic Cancer Research Endowment Fund at the University of Tennessee-Memphis that includes an annual Symposium and a local support group for patients and families. He collaborates with Dr. Subhash Chauhan in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Their research includes delivering miRNA and chemotherapeutic agents to pancreatic cancer utilizing nanotechnology for drug delivery. He serves on the NCCN panel for Pancreatic Cancer. He is past-president of the medical staff and currently serves as chair of the department of surgery at Baptist Memorial Hospital.
He is married to Robyn Behrman and they have one daughter, Caroline, a freshman at Providence College.He remains a hardcore New Englander at heart and is an avid fan (as everyone should be) of the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins and Celtics.
- Pancreatic diseases, peptic ulcer disease, hernia surgery , esophageal and biliary surgery and management of intra-abdominal abscess.
- Professor of Surgery
- Boston University
Post Doctoral Education
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center – Surgical Residency
- Ohio State University and Grant Medical Center – Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Surgery
Board Certifications and Certificates
- Certified 1994; Recertified 2001
- Baptist Memorial Hospital
- Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare, Memphis Hospitals
- VA Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee