Resident Educational Resources
- The UTHSC library offers 24 hour electronic access to multiple sources, including PubMed, MEDLINE @ Ovid, MD Consult, and Micromedex, as well as E-books and E-journals.
- The Department of Surgery provides a $200 book stipend annually.
- The Harwell Wilson Surgical Society Surgical Resident Support Fund provides grants to residents for books and loupes.
- Each resident has a subscription to the SCORE website with textbook access, journal and atlas access. There are videos and multiple choice practice questions. The ACS curriculum is accessed through this website. New features are added regularly.
- Each PGY 1 resident has the Fundamentals of Surgery Curriculum program with virtual patients and case scenarios.
- Each PGY 5 resident is funded to attend a national meeting.
Mrs. Cynthia Tooley
Department of Surgery