Regan Williams, M.D.
Dr. Regan Williams graduated Summa Cum Laude from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. After graduating with a double major in Biology and Chemistry, she went on to study medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. Memphis became her home, and she completed her graduate education earning her medical degree, completing her general surgical residency at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and a fellowship in pediatric surgery at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Following her fellowship training, she accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
During her residency, Dr. Williams received extra training in basic science research focusing on angiogenesis inhibition in solid tumors at St Jude Children's Research Hospital. She was also active in clinical research projects centered on traumatic injuries and appendicitis. She is currently a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Association of Pediatrics, a Member of the Tennessee Medical Association, Memphis Medical Society, Association of Women Surgeons, the American Pediatric Surgical Association and the Association of Academic Surgeons.
At Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Dr. Williams directs the Burn program and the Vascular Anomalies program. She is completing a Master's of Science degree in Epidemiology and plans to focus her research efforts on developing evidence based guidelines for the treatment of pediatric trauma and surgical disease. She is board certified in general and pediatric surgery and has published 30 peer-reviewed articles.
University and Hospital Appointments
- Assistant Professor, Surgery and Pediatrics
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
Post Graduate Training
- Residency: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship University of Tennessee, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Jancelewicz T, Lopez ME, Downard CD, Islam S, Baird R, Rangel SJ, Williams RF, Arnold MA, Lal D, Renaud E, Grabowski J, Dasgupta R, Austin M, Shelton J, Cameron D, Goldin AB. Surgical management of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in children: A systematic review. J Pediatr Surg. 2016 Oct 14. pii: S0022-3468(16)30460-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2016.09.072. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27823773.
- Williams RF, Fernandez-Pineda I, Gosain A. Pediatric Sarcomas. Surg Clin North Am. 2016 Oct;96(5):1107-25. doi: 10.1016/j.suc.2016.05.012. Review. PubMed PMID: 27542645.
- Gurien LA, Blakely ML, Russell RT, Streck CJ, Vogel AM, Renaud EJ, Savoie KB, Dassinger MS; Pediatric Surgery Research (PedSRC) Collaborative.. Real-time ultrasonography for placement of central venous catheters in children: A multi-institutional study. Surgery. 2016 Dec;160(6):1605-1611. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2016.05.019. PubMed PMID: 27460931.
- Ryan ML, Maxwell AC, Manning L, Jacobs JD, Bachier-Rodriguez M, Feliz A, Williams RF. Noninvasive hemoglobin measurement in pediatric trauma patients. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016 Dec;81(6):1162-1166. PubMed PMID: 27389126.
- Williams RF, Hoang MP, Kroshinsky D, Smith GP. Infliximab-induced follicular mucinosis of the face. Int J Dermatol. 2016 Jun 23. doi: 10.1111/ijd.13335. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27336710.
- Puligandla PS, Grabowski J, Austin M, Hedrick H, Renaud E, Arnold M, Williams RF, Graziano K, Dasgupta R, McKee M, Lopez ME, Jancelewicz T, Goldin A, Downard CD, Islam S. Management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia: A systematic review from the APSA outcomes and evidence based practice committee. J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Nov;50(11):1958-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2015.09.010. Review. PubMed PMID: 26463502.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
Dr. Williams enjoys live music and being with her family. She, and her husband Blake Williams, enjoy spending time with their three children.