Regan Williams, M.D.
Dr. Williams graduated Summa Cum Laude from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. After graduating with a double major in Biology and Chemistry she went on to study medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN. There, she completed her graduate education and earned her, medical degree. From there, Dr. Williams completed her general surgical residency, and completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis. Following her fellowship training, she accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Williams has a Bachelor of Science degree, graduating Summa Cum Laude with a double major in Biology and Chemistry through Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. She is currently an Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Member of the southeastern Surgical Congress, Tennessee Medical Association, Memphis Medical Society, Association of Women Surgeons, American Pediatric Surgical Association, Candidate member, and the American Association of Pediatrics, Section in Surgery, Candidate member.
University and Hospital Appointments
- Assistant Professor, Surgery and Pediatrics
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
Post Graduate Training
- Residency: The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship University of Tennessee, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Sims TL, McGee MC, Williams RF, Hamner JB, Tracey L, Myers AL, Ng C, Wu J, Gaber MW, McCarville B, Nathwani A, Davidoff AM. Inteferon-beta restricts Tumor Growth and Sensitizes Alveolar Rhabomyosarcoma to Ionizing Radiation. Molec Cancer Ther 2010 Mar;9(3):761-71.
- McGee MC, Hamner JB, Williams RF, Rosati SF, Sims TL, Ng C, Gaber MW, Duntsch C, Merchant TE, Davidoff AM. Improved intratumoral oxygenation through vascular normalization increases glioma sensitivity to ionizing radiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Apr;76(5):1537-45.
- Williams RF, Myers AL, Sims TL, Ng CY, Nathwani A, Davidoff AM. Targeting multiple angiogenic pathways for the treatment of neuroblastoma. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Jun;45(6):1103-9.
- Myers AL, Williams RF, Hartwich J, Ng CY, Davidoff AM. Bevacizumab-Induced Tumor Vessel Remodeling in Rhabdomyosarcoma Xenografts Increases the Effectiveness of Adjuvant Ionizing Radiation. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Jun;45(6):1080-5.
- Tracey L, Streck CJ, Du Z, Williams RF, Pfeffer LM, Nathwani AC, Davidoff AM. NF-kappB activation mediates resistance to IFN beta in MLL-rearranged acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia 2010 Apr;24(4):806-12.
- Magnotti LJ, Zarzaur BL, Fischer PE, Williams RF, Myers AL, Bradburn EH, Fabian TC, Croce MA. Improved survival after hemostatic resuscitation: does the emperor have no clothes? J Trauma 2011 Jan;70(1):97-102.
- Blakely ML, Williams R, Dassinger MS, Eubanks JW 3rd, Fischer P, Huang EY, Paton E, Culbreath B, Hester A, Streck C, Hixson SD, Langham MR Jr. Early vs interval appendectomy for children with perforated appendicitis. Arch Surg 2011 Jun;146(6):660-665.
- Denbo JW, Williams RF, Orr WS, Sims TL, Ng CY, Zhou J, Spence Y, Morton CL, Nathwani AC, Duntsch C, Pfeffer LM, Davidoff AM. Continuous local delivery of interferon-ß stabilizes tumor vasculature in an orthotopic glioblastoma xenograft resection model. Surgery. 2011 Sep;150(3):497-504.
- Myers AL, Williams RF, Giles K, Waters TM, Eubanks JW 3rd, Hixson SD, Huang EY, Langham MR Jr, Blakely ML. Hospital Cost Analysis of a Prospective, Randomized Trial of Early vs Interval Appendectomy for Perforated Appendicitis in Children. J Am Coll Surg. 2012 Apr;214(4):427-34.
- Sedlacik J, Myers A, Loeffler RB, Williams RF, Davidoff AM, Hillenbrand CM. A dedicated automated injection system for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI experiments in mice. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013 Mar;37(3):746-51.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
Dr. Williams enjoys live music and being with her family. She, and her husband Blake Williams, enjoy spending time with their three children.