Nosratollah Nezakatgoo, M.D.
Dr. Nosratollah Nezakatgoo has served as attending physician in Vascular Access Surgery as well as Solid Organ Transplantation ((Liver, Kidney, Pancreas) at UT since 2002. Prior to his appointment at UT, he was head of the transplant team performing the first successful living-related liver transplant in Iran, was awarded the Iranian Ministry of Health and Medical Education Scholarship for Liver Transplantation, was Deputy Dean of Shiraz Medical School in Research Affairs, and recognized as the best Graduate of Subspecialty in Pediatric Surgery by the Iranian National Board of Pediatric Surgery.
He is presently the principal investigator in research studies to evaluate the efficacy and safety of various therapies and treatments for transplant recipients.
Specialty and Clinical Interests
- Abdominal Organ Transplant and Vascular Access Surgery
- Living Donor Transplantation, and Pediatric Transplantation
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Medical Director of Pancreas Transplantation
- M.D. Medicine, Shiraz University School of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Clinical Fellowship in Solid Organ Transplantation, UT Bowld Hospital
- Clinical Observer in Surgical Oncology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Organ Transplantation, University of Pittsburg School of Medicine
- Subspecialty Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Board Certifications and Certificates
- State of Tennessee Medical License – April 2000
- Methodist/Lebonheur Healthcare Memphis Hospitals
- Baptist Health Services Group Preferred Provider