Eunice Huang, MD, MS
Dr. Huang attended college at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. After studying medicine at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, she completed her general surgery residency at the Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center. She then came to the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at the Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Following her fellowship training, she accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Huang has a Master's degree in Epidemiology through the UT Department of Preventive Medicine. She is currently a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Member of the Association for Academic Surgery, American Pediatric Surgical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Surgery, American Medical Association, Association of Women Surgeons, and the American Medical Informatics Association.
Research and Interests
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Anorectal Malformation
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Outcomes Research
- Health and Biomedical Informatics
- Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
- Program Director, Pediatric Surgery Residency Program
- Chief Research Biomedical Informatics Officer, Children’s Foundation Research Institute
- University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Post Graduate Training
- Residency: University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship University of Tennessee, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Zeng S, Li R, Freire SG, Garbellotto VMM, Huang EY, Smith AT, Hu C, Tait WRT, Bian Z, Zheng G, Zhang D, Sun L. Moisture-Responsive Wrinkling Surfaces with Tunable Dynamics. Adv Mater. 2017 Apr 21. doi: 10.1002/adma.201700828. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28429495.
- Wang YM, Wang CJ, Fang FM, Chen HC, Hsu HC, Huang YJ, Wang CY, Huang EY. Differences in the outcomes and complications between elderly and younger uterine cervical cancer patients treated by definitive radiotherapy - A propensity score-matched study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017 May;145(2):277-283. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2017.02.034. Epub 2017 Mar 6. PubMed PMID: 28274568.
- Chen YH, Huang EY, Kuo TT, Hoffer BJ, Miller J, Chou YC, Chiang YH. Dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens is altered following traumatic brain injury. Neuroscience. 2017 Apr 21;348:180-190. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2017.02.001. Epub 2017 Feb 11. PubMed PMID: 28196657.
- Streck CJ, Vogel AM, Zhang J, Huang EY, Santore MT, Tsao K, Falcone RA, Dassinger MS, Russell RT, Blakely ML; Pediatric Surgery Research Collaborative.. Identifying Children at Very Low Risk for Blunt Intra-Abdominal Injury in Whom CT of the Abdomen Can Be Avoided Safely. J Am Coll Surg. 2017 Apr;224(4):449-458.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2016.12.041. Epub 2017 Jan 24. PubMed PMID: 28130170.
- Chen YH, Huang EY, Kuo TT, Miller J, Chiang YH, Hoffer BJ. Impact of traumatic brain injury on dopaminergic transmission. Cell Transplant. 2017 Jan 20. doi: 10.3727/096368917X694787. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28105985.
- Price AJ, Huang EY, Sebastiano V, Dunn AR. A semi-interpenetrating network of polyacrylamide and recombinant basement membrane allows pluripotent cell culture in a soft, ligand-rich microenvironment. Biomaterials. 2017 Mar;121:179-192. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2016.12.005. Epub 2016 Dec 9. PubMed PMID: 28088685.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Memphis, TN
Dr. Huang is married to Raymond Gardocki and they have three children - Alex, TJ and Ryan.