Eunice Huang, MD, MS
Dr. Huang attended college at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. After studying medicine at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, she completed her general surgery residency at the Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center. She then came to the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at the Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Following her fellowship training, she accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Huang has a Master's degree in Epidemiology through the UT Department of Preventive Medicine. She is currently a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Member of the Association for Academic Surgery, American Pediatric Surgical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Surgery, American Medical Association, Association of Women Surgeons, and the American Medical Informatics Association.
Research and Interests
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Anorectal Malformation
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Outcomes Research
- Health and Biomedical Informatics
- Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
- Program Director, Pediatric Surgery Residency Program
- Chief Research Biomedical Informatics Officer, Children’s Foundation Research Institute
- University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Post Graduate Training
- Residency: University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship University of Tennessee, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Savoie KB, Thomas F, Nouer SS, Langham MR Jr, Huang EY. Age at presentation and management of pediatric intussusception: A Pediatric Health Information System database study. Surgery. 2016 Nov 11. pii: S0039-6060(16)30616-X. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2016.09.030. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27842915.
- Cheng JY, Huang EY, Hsu SN, Wang CJ. Simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) of the parametrium and cervix in radiotherapy for uterine cervical carcinoma: a dosimetric study using a new alternative approach. Br J Radiol. 2016 Dec;89(1068):20160526. PubMed PMID: 27706947.
- Lee WJ, Huang EY, Tsai CM, Kuo KC, Huang YC, Hsieh KS, Niu CK, Yu HR. The role of serum Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgA, IgM, and IgG for the diagnosis of Mycoplasma pneumonia-related pneumonia in school-age children and adolescents. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2016 Oct 19. pii: CVI.00471-16. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27760779.
- Azarakhsh N, Grimes S, Chotai PN, Shephard C, Huang EY. Post-resection outcomes for pediatric ovarian neoplasm: is ovarian-preserving surgery a good option? Pediatr Surg Int. 2016 Oct 13. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27738824.
- Gao JL, Shui YM, Jiang W, Huang EY, Shou QY, Ji X, He BC, Lv GY, He TC. Hypoxia pathway and hypoxia-mediated extensive extramedullary hematopoiesis are involved in ursolic acid's anti-metastatic effect in 4T1 tumor bearing mice. Oncotarget. 2016 Sep 30. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.12375. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27708244.
- Chen YF, Cho JJ, Huang TH, Tseng CN, Huang EY, Cho CL. Downregulation of a novel human gene, ROGDI, increases radiosensitivity in cervical cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2016 Aug 12:1-9. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27636029; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5079390.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Memphis, TN
Dr. Huang is married to Raymond Gardocki and they have three children - Alex, TJ and Ryan.