Eunice Huang, M.D., M.S.
Dr. Huang attended college at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. After studying medicine at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, she completed her general surgery residency at the Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center. She then came to the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at the Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. Following her fellowship training, she accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Huang has a Master's degree in Epidemiology through the UT Department of Preventive Medicine. She is currently a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Member of the Association for Academic Surgery, American Pediatric Surgical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Surgery, American Medical Association, Association of Women Surgeons, and the American Medical Informatics Association.
Research and Interests
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Anorectal Malformation
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Outcomes Research
- Health and Biomedical Informatics
- Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
- University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Post Graduate Training
- Residency: University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship University of Tennessee, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Chang DC, Rhee DS, Papandria D, Aspelund G, Cowles RA, Huang EY, Chen C, Middlesworth W, Arca MJ, Abdullah F. Outcomes research in pediatric surgery part 2: how to structure a research question. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2011;46:226-231.
- Huang EY, Chen C, Abdullah F, Aspelund G, Barnhart DC, Calkins CM, Cowles RA, Downard CD, Goldin AB, Lee SL, St. Peter SD, Arca MJ. Strategies for the Prevention of Central Venous Catheter Infections: An American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee Systemic Review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2011;46:2000-2011.
- Goldin AB, LaRiviere C, Arca MJ, Cassidy L, Abdullah F, Lee SL, Islam S, Huang EY, Downard CD, Cowles RA, Chen C, Barnhart DC, Edwards T. Guidelines for Surveys of the American Pediatric Surgical Association. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2011;46:2012-2017.
- Rangel SJ, Calkins CM, Cowles RA, Barnhart DC, Huang EY, Abdullah F, Arca MJ, Teitelbaum DH. Parenteral Nutrition-Associated Cholestasis: An American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee Systematic Review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2012;47:225-240.
- Myers AL, Williams RF, Giles K, Waters TM, Eubanks JW, Hixson SD, Huang EY, Langham MR, Blakely ML. Hospital Cost Analysis of a Prospective, Randomized Trial of Early vs Interval Appendectomy for Perforated Appendicitis in Children. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2012; 214:427-435.
- Islam S, Calkins CM, Goldin AB, Chen C, Downard CD, Huang EY, Cassidy L, Saito J, Blakely ML, Rangel SJ, Arca MJ, Abdullah F, St Peter SD; APSA Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee, 2011-2012. The diagnosis and management of empyema in children: a comprehensive review from the APSA Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2012;47:2101-
- Downard CD, Renaud E, St Peter SD, Abdullah F, Islam S, Saito JM, Blakely ML, Huang EY, Arca MJ, Cassidy L, Aspelund G; For the 2012 American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes Clinical Trials Committee. Treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis: an American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee systematic review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2012;47:2111-2122.
- Buddington RK, Sangild PT, Hance B, Huang EY, Black DD. Prenatal gastrointestinal development in the pig and responses after preterm birth. J Anim Sci 2012;90 Suppl 4:290-8.
- Huang, EY, Tolley EA, Blakely ML, Langham MR. Changes in hospital utilization and management of Hirschsprung disease: Analysis using the Kids’ Inpatient Database. Annals of Surgery 013;257:371-375.
- Blakely ML, Kao LS, Tsao KJ, Huang EY, Tsai A, Tanaka S, Younas S, Lu ZQ, Lally K. Adherence of randomized trials within children’s surgical specialties published during 2000-2009 to standard reporting guidelines. J Am Coll Surg, in press.
Board Certifications and Certificates
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Memphis, TN
Dr. Huang is married to Raymond Gardocki and they have three children - Alex, TJ and Ryan.