SASS Testing Guidelines
- Students are responsible for scheduling their exams with the Disability Coordinator in SASS.
- ** If a student chooses to take an exam with the class rather than use their testing accommodations in SASS, the student must notify the Disability Coordinator and complete an “Accommodation Waiver Form” for that particular test.
- At the beginning of each semester: Students must provide the Disability Coordinator with their exam schedule AND inform their professors and/or course directors that they test in the SASS.
- 5 days before an exam: Students must contact the Disability Coordinator to confirm they are scheduled for that exam.
- 3 days before an exam: Students must remind their professors/course directors that they test in SASS so that an exam is available on the scheduled date of administration.
Materials & Tools
- Students must lock up their belongings before beginning an exam in SASS, including ID badges that may contain attached information. Pockets should be emptied of papers, cell phones, pagers or any other electronic devices.
- ** Only materials the professor has permitted may be taken into the testing room (i.e. scratch paper, calculator).
- Exams start at the regular class time. If a student receives extended time and the amount of testing time for an exam would interfere with another course/lab on the schedule, students are responsible for completing an “Alternate Testing Arrangement Form” and making arrangements with professors/ course directors so that another testing time is approved in SASS.
- ** Students cannot be tardy or miss a class due to extended testing time in the SASS.
- Students are not allowed to start an exam if more than 15 minutes late without approval from the professor/course director.
- Students should make every effort to remain in the testing room throughout the duration of the exam.
- If snacks and/or drinks are permitted in the testing room, a proctor must check each item prior to the student entering the testing area.
- Students may not use their own computer for computerized tests in the SASS unless approved by the professor/course director.
- The SASS upholds the Honor Code of each College and maintains an environment of academic integrity.
8 S. Dunlap GEB, Rm BB9
Memphis, TN 38163