The application should contain the following:
- Letter justifying the need for bridge funds which includes:
- Title, NIH number, and UTHSC account (R07) number of interrupted grant
- Requested bridge fund start and end dates (one-year period)
- Amount of bridge request, budget allocation, and pertinent information regarding budget (i.e., personnel, supplies requested)
- Timeline of re-submission for extramural funds to NIH
- Outline of other funds such as endowments or other grants currently funded with dates of funding, source of funding, and amounts/yr.
- Statement at end of letter: I certify that I have applied for extramural funds on [date] and will continue to reapply within the next 12 months.
- PI signature
- Letter should be addressed to Steven R. Goodman, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor for Research
- Specific Aims of expired grant
- Grant publications by PI
- NIH Summary Statement of continuation grant with reviewer critiques and score
- PIs proposed response to the critique
- PIs full CV
- Letter from PIs Chair confirming information provided is correct, to the best of their knowledge, and outlining their opinion of possibility of future funding on this project.
Sr. Business Manager
Office of Research
Suite 608, Room 678
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-3746
Fax: (901) 448-7133