Donald B. Thomason, Ph.D.
Medical Physiology Syllabus
Dental Physiology Syllabus
Tennessee Institutes for Preprofessionals Physiology Syllabus
B.A., University Major, University of Virginia
Ph.D., Physiology, University of California, Irvine
As Executive Director of the Molecular Resource Center of Excellence, we offer to investigators throughout the State of Tennessee, and the world, outstanding start-to-finish resources for the initiation, development, and completion of federal and private projects. The Molecular Resource Center is a state of the art facility capable of satisfying the requirements of numerous investigators on a timely delivery schedule.
In addition, I am committed to training our newest generation of professional scientists. With approximately 50 teaching hours per year, I believe that our educational mission is a crucial component of our job function. As Dean of the College of Graduate Health Sciences, I am confident that our students receive the highest quality education available.
- Thomason, DB. Use it or lose it? Perhaps not (if you can hibernate!). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 297: R576-7, 2009.
- Ruiz-Feria, C., Y. Yang, D.B. Thomason, J. White, G. Su, and H. Nishimura. Pulse wave velocity and age- and gender-dependent aortic wall hardening in fowl. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 154: 429-36, 2009.
- Zhou YW, D.B. Thomason, D. Gullberg, H.W. Jarrett. Binding of laminin alpha1-chain LG4-5 domain to alpha-dystroglycan causes tyrosine phosphorylation of syntrophin to initiate Rac1 signaling. Biochemistry 45: 2042-52, 2006.
- Gosmanov, A.R., G.E. Umpierrez, A.H. Carabel, R. Cuervo, and D.B. Thomason. Impaired expression and insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of Akt-2 in muscle of obese patients with atypical diabetes. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 287: E8-E15, 2004.
- Gosmanov, A.R., Z. Fan, X. Mi, E.G. Schneider, and D.B. Thomason. ATP-sensitive potassium channels mediate hyperosmotic stimulation of NKCC in slow-twitch muscle. Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 286: C586-C595, 2004.
- Gosmanov, A.R., M.I. Lindinger, and D.B. Thomason. Riding the Tides: [K+] and Volume Regulation by Muscle Na+-K+-2Cl- Cotransport Activity. News Physiol. Sci. 18: 196-200, 2003.
- Gosmanov, A.R., and D.B. Thomason. Regulation of Na+-K+-2Cl- cotransporter activity in rat skeletal muscle and intestinal epithelial cells. Tsitologiia 45: 812-816, 2003. (pdf reprint)
- Gosmanov, A.R., E.G. Schneider, and D.B. Thomason. NKCC activity restores muscle water during hyperosmotic challenge independent of insulin, ERK, and p38 MAPK. Am. J. Physiol. Regulatory Integrative Comp. Physiol. 285: R655-665, 2003.
- Gosmanov, A.R., J.A. Wong, and D.B. Thomason. Duality of G protein-coupled mechanisms for b-adrenergic activation of NKCC activity in skeletal muscle. Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 283: C1025-1032, 2002.
- Chockalingam, P.Y., R Cholera, S.A. Oak, Y. Zheng, H.W. Jarrett, and D.B. Thomason. Dystrophin-glycoprotein complex and Ras and Rho GTPases signaling are altered in muscle atrophy. Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 283: C500-C511, 2002.
- Booth, F. W., and D. B. Thomason. Molecular and cellular adaptation of muscle in response to exercise: perspectives of various models. Physiol. Rev. 71: 541-585, 1991