Arthur B. Straughn, Pharm. D.
- B.S. (Pharmacy), University of North Carolina, 1972
- Pharm.D., University of Tennessee, 1974
Dr. Straughn's research interests, and over 80 publications, are in the areas of bioavailability, pharmacokinetics and assay methodology. Since 1974 as a principal investigator or co-investigator, he has attracted extramural funding in excess of 12 million dollars to support his research. Funding sources have included the National Cancer Institute, the Food and Drug Administration, the Tennessee Department of Public Health and Environment, as well as a variety of pharmaceutical companies.
- The Effect of Food on the Relative Bioavailability of Rapidly Dissolving Immediate-Release Solid Oral Products Containing Highly Soluble Drugs Yu LX, Straughn AB, Faustino PH, Yang Y, Parekh A, Ciavarella AB, Ebenezer AA, Mehta MU, Conner DP, Lesko LJ and Hussain AS, Molecular Pharmaceutics 1:357 (2004).
- New Methylphenidate Formulations for the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Patrick KS, Gonzalez MA, Straughn AB and Markowitz JS, Expert Opin Drug Deliv , 2: 121 (2004).
- Stability, Dose Uniformity and Palatability of Three Counterterrorism Drugs Human Subject and Electronic Tongue Studies , Sadrieh N, Brower J, Yu L , Doub W, Straughn AB, et., Pharm Res. 10:1747 (2005)