Health Outcomes and Policy Research: Admissions Requirements
Masters of Science (M.S) or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Requirements
Applications for the graduate program in Health Outcomes and Policy Research are accepted from students with a health profession or health care related degree. The normal admission time for new students is in the Fall Semester, which begins about mid-August. Prospective graduate students should submit a completed application form and supporting documents by March 15th for the Fall Semester. The admission requirements are:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (A=4).
- A minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 1000 (verbal and quantitative) or 300 on (verbal and quantitative on the revised general test) and 4.0 on the analytical portion.
- Applicants whose native language is not English, are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and achieve a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based program; it is also recommended that the Test of Spoken English (TSE) be taken.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Payment of the $50 nonrefundable application fee (if you apply electronically no application fee is required).
A limited number of pre-doctoral fellowships are available on a competitive basis to qualified applicants. These provide an annual stipend of $23,260 plus tuition waiver.
Request for Application Materials
You may apply for admission in one of two ways:
1. You may submit your application electronically: You may do this by completing the online application form which is automatically submitted to the Office of Admissions. There is no cost for the electronic application, but official copies of all documentation must be sent to:
- Office of Enrollment Services
- The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- 910 Madison Avenue, Suite 525
- Memphis, Tennessee 38163
For non-US applicants
For non-US applicants, official test scores and three letters of recommendation should be sent directly from the contributing source and not by the student to the Office of Enrollment Services. Transcripts from any non-US institution MUST be verified and certified to generate a grade point average (GPA). Service agencies, include, but are not limited to, Educational Credit Evaluation (ECE), World Education Services (WES) , and American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
A document-by-document certification is not acceptable. These agencies charge a fee for service and applicants are responsible for payment. Documents and other supporting materials should be mailed to the Office of Enrollment Services at the address listed above.
2. For additional information send a letter or email to Shelley Cannioto at the following address:
- Shelley Cannioto
- Graduate Admissions Coordinator
- College of Pharmacy
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- 881 Madison Avenue, Ste 440
- Memphis, Tennessee 38163
- Office (901) 448-6027
- Fax (901) 448-4731
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Science Administration
UTHSC College of Pharmacy
881 Madison Ave., Room 440
Memphis, TN 38163