Pre-Pharmacy Interest Group
The American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) at the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy has a Pre-Pharmacy Interest Group. This is a student organization whose mission is to provide undergraduate students who are interested in a career in pharmacy with opportunities to explore the profession, understand the pharmacy school application process, and become well-informed future student pharmacists. This mission is accomplished through a variety of activities including:
- Networking opportunities with fellow pre-pharmacy students, student pharmacists, and current practitioners
- Pharmacy practice site visits
- Community service and other events (pre-pharmacy students are not involved in direct patient care)
- Leadership opportunities within the organization
- Applicant workshops (i.e., Resume Building, Mock Interviews, etc.)
- Social opportunities for members
- Regular monthly meetings with informational topics and guest speakers
- and much more!!!
The Pre-Pharmacy Interest Group exists as one unified organization within the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy, which includes campuses at Knoxville and Memphis. The Executive Committee of the organization consists of elected officers and faculty advisor(s). There are two Pre-Pharmacy Members-at-Large who serve as liaison from the organizations' executive committee to pre-pharmacy students, aids in development of educational programming for pre-pharmacy students, and provides logistical support for all organization meetings.
Membership is open to any undergraduate student interested in a career in pharmacy. Membership is open to all students without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, creed, marital status, public assistance status, or sexual orientation.
The fee for joining is $20/year.
Who Do I Contact
Student Affairs & Admissions
881 Madison Ave. Suite 226
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6036
Fax: (901) 448-7053