Department of Pharmacology: Sharp Research Laboratory
- Vicki Brower, Ph.D.
- Hao Chen, Ph.D.
- Yitong Fu, Ph.D.
- Kathleen McAllen, Ph.D.
- Nahid Shahabi, Ph.D.
- Wenyuan Zhao, Ph.D.
- Burt Sharp, M.D.
- The neurobiological basis of nicotine action on behavior
- The expression and function of delta opioid receptors by immune cells
- In vivo microdialysis and electrochemistry with HPLC
- Chronic drug self-administration in operant chambers
- RT-PCR analysis of gene expression
- Microchip Arrays
- In situ hybridization and immunocytochemistry of CNS gene/protein expression
- Western immunoblotting of phosphorylated proteins
- FACS detection of cell surface proteins
Oliz is a suite of Perl scripts that selects 50mer oligonucleotides for use in DNA microarrays. Its features include:
- Uses UniGene cluster ID as input.
- Selects 50mers from the 3'untranslated region.
- Filters 50mers through automated blast search for gene specificity.
- Oliz is free for use in academic institutions. Commercial users please contact the authors for availability.
- OS: written for Linux/Unix; May work under Mac OS X (haven't been tested); Not compatible with MS Windows.