Profiles of Current CCM Fellows
Rajat Pareek, MD
CCM Fellow since July 1, 2011
Dr. Pareek was born and raised in India. He completed his medical training in India and moved to the USA in 2006 where he briefly participated in research at LeBonheur Children's Hospital before moving to New York City. He completed his Pediatrics residency at Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center, Bronx NY. He finds critical care extremely challenging and stimulating and decided to return to Memphis again for his fellowship training.
Dr. Pareek lives on Mud Island with his wife and daughter and enjoys walking on the beautiful Mississippi riverfront. He also enjoys travelling and exploring new cities and looks forward to exploring Memphis and making it his home with his family.
Paige Klingborg, M.D.
CCM Fellow since July 1, 2012
Dr. Klingborg was born and raised in Bethleham, PA. She attended the University of Delaware where she received a B.S. in Nutritional Sciences with minors in Biology and Chemistry. She then moved to St. Maartens to attend the American University of the Caribbean, Netherlands Antilles where she received her M.D. Dr. Klingborg completed her residency at The University of Tennessee in Chattanooga where she conducted research in childhood obesity and running, and NICU mortality.
Dr. Klingborg loves to travel and has spent time in New York City and California. She also has an insatiable appetite for Mexican food. When she is not working, Dr. Klingborg enjoys spending time with friends and family, cooking and eating, and running.
Cody Tigges, M.D.
CCM Fellow since July 1, 2012
Dr. Tigges hails from Iowa where he was born and raised. He completed his undergraduate and medical education at Luther College and Des Moines University, respectively. He then moved to northeast Ohio to complete his general pediatrics residency at Akron Children’s Hospital. Dr. Tigges worked one year in pediatric urgent care while waiting for his wife, Elizabeth, to finish her OB/GYN residency.
Dr. Tigges and his wife both love Memphis and living on Mud Island. In their spare time they enjoy discovering restaurants, night life and attractions in all parts of the city. They are both rabid Iowa Hawkeye fans and wear their Iowa gear wherever they go. When they are not working, you can expect to find them traveling, entertaining friends, walking their chocolate lab, Reece, or parked on the couch watching college football.
- Tigges CR, Bigham MT. "Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis: It Can Take Your Breath Away" Air Medical Journal. 31(1): 45-47, January 2012.
- Tigges CR, Forbes ML, Bigham MT, Gothard D. "The Epidemiology of Severe Sepsis in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: A Reappraisal Using a Local Clinical Database" Critical Care Medicine. 39(12): 157, December 2011.
- Tigges CR, Forbes ML, Bigham MT, Gothard D. "Functional Outcomes after Severe Sepsis in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: A Preliminary Report." Critical Care Medicine. 39(12):169, December 2011.
- Gist K, Tigges C, Smith G, Clark J. "Learning Curve for Zero Fluoroscopy Catheter Ablation of AVNRT: Early vs. Late Experience" Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology.34(3):264-8, March 2011.
Oral Presentations and Posters:
- "The Epidemiology of Severe Sepsis in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: A Reappraisal Using a Local Clinical Database." Poster. Society of Critical Care Medicine Annual Congress. February 2012.
- "Functional Outcomes after Severe Sepsis in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: A Preliminary Report." Poster. Society of Critical Care Medicine Annual Congress. February 2012.
- "Maximizing Battery Longevity in Young Patients with Cardiac Pacemakers." Poster. Akron Children’s Hospital Postgraduate Day. June 2011.
- "Maximizing Battery Longevity in Young Patients with Cardiac Pacemakers." Oral Presentation. Ohio Doctors Interested in Congenital Hearts Regional Conference. May 2009.
- "Botulism." Hower Award in Pediatric Neurology. Oral Case Presentation. Akron Children’s Hospital. March 2009.
Department of Pediatrics
Critical Care Division
LeBonheur Children's Hospital
Children’s Foundation Research Center
50 N Dunlap, 3rd Floor
Memphis, TN 38103