Instructions for Student Presentations
Purpose: Provide each student the opportunity to:
- Research a specific topic related to patients seen during the clerkship
- Topic reflects APGO objectives
- Become familiar with PowerPoint presentations.
Timing: Presentations should last between 15-20 minutes.
- Title: reflects the disease process/aspect of condition, etc. e.g. "PID- bacteriology" or "Diabetes in Pregnancy- intrapartum management."
- Format: include student name, months and year of the clerkship, brief case presentation, the APGO Objective related to the topic, a discussion, and 3-5 references.
- Discussion: should be rich enough to "educate" classmates about clinically-relevant aspects of the topic.
- References: can be textbooks, original articles, ACOG materials, reputable websites, etc.
The following documents are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader, which is a free download.
- Community Acquired Pneumonia
- Nausea and Vomiting
- The Doctrine of the Double Effect and End-of-Life Care: A Means to an End? APGO Objective # 7: Ethics in Obstetrics and Gynecology Joshua D. Hagan
- Diabetic Retinopathy in Pregnancy APGO Objective # 18 (Medical and Surgical Conditions in Pregnancy) Otis Anderson, III>
Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship Program
853 Jefferson Avenue, Rm E102
Memphis, TN 38163