Just a few reasons you should choose UTHSC College of Nursing
- We are the largest producer of doctorally prepared nurse practitioners in the state.
- Innovator in Nurse Practitioner Education.
- 2nd Doctor of Nursing Practice program accredited in the U.S.
- Began Master’s Nurse Practitioner Education in 1973
- Began Doctoral Nurse Practitioner Education in 1999
- Offers nursing programs across full spectrum (RN to BSN, BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD, certificate)
- First recipient of the Faculty Practice Award from NONPF
- DNP Director named among 20 Outstanding Professors of Women’s Health Nursing
- The University of Tennessee School of Nursing began in June 1927
- UTHSC’s Ph.D and DNP Programs were the first established in Tennessee
- Students have the unique opportunity for multi-disciplinary work