GFP mouse lines
Matt Ennis lab
GAD-65 GFP (from Gabor Szabo): maintained by breeding heterozygous mice.
Proprietary: need permission from creator to use, who requests authorship as a condition of use.
Foehring: GFP mice
- TTg(Etvl-EGFP)BZ192Gsat/Mmucd (etv1). In the somatosensory cortex of these transgenic mice, EGFP is only expressed in layer 5A pyramidal neurons that have thin apical dendrites (type 2).
- Tg(Glt25d2-EGFP)BN20Gsat/Mmnc (Glt). In these mice EGFP was only expressed in "thick-tufted" layer 5B pyramidal neurons (Type 1). In somatosensory cortex glt-GFP is almost exclusively in layer 5B and etv1-GFP in layer 5A but there is more extensive intermingling in visual cortex.
We maintain breeding colonies of both mouse lines (Swiss-Webster background) developed from breeding pairs obtained from the MMRRC (GENSAT).
Kristen O'Connell lab
hrGFP-NPY: express humanized Renilla GFP behind the Neuropeptide Y promoter on a B6/FVB mixed background. Maintained by breeding hemizygotes; male B6 breeders used every 5-6 generations to introduce new genetic material. Originally obtained from Brad Lowell's lab at Beth Israel Deaconess; free for anyone to use (also available from Jax).
We maintain one cohort of these mice on a standard "low-fat" diet and an another cohort on a "high-fat" diet (45kcal% fat).
Tony Reiner lab
We maintain a colony of D2-EGFP GENSAT transgenic mice. These mice have EGFP expression in D2-expressing neurons in the nervous system.
Fu-Ming Zhou lab
ChAT-GFP (Stock no.: 007902, strain name: B6.Cg-Tg(RP23-268L19-EGFP)2Mik/J, from Jackson). 2 breeding pairs just arrived on 9/15/2008.
GAD67-GFP (stock number: 007677, strain name: CB6-Tg(Gad1-EGFP)G42Zjh/J, from Jackson). Order still on waiting list.
Mutant, transgenic, knock-out
Andrea Elberger lab
Two lines of NMDA-NR1 deletion mice.
Line #1 is only available as frozen embryos and sperm.
This was created at Roche Institute for Molecular Biology and the MTA permission to use is through me, on campus only.
Line #2, the connection is through Tonegawa's lab, is now available through Jackson Labs.
Matt Ennis lab
mGluR1 knockout: maintained by breeding heterozygous mice. B-galactosidase replaces mGluR1 gene, so B-gal histochemistry or immunocytochemistry can be used to determine cells that express mGluR1. mGluR5 knockout: maintained by breeding homozygous mice.
Scott Heldt lab
- nNOS transgenic mice (B6.129S4-Nos1tm1Plh/J). Mice lacking functional neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS).
- GABRA1 transgenic mice (B6;129-Gabra1tm4Geh/J). This line carries the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor, subunit alpha 1 (Gabra1) gene bordered by two loxP recognition sites.
- Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1Sor. Reporter line that will express lacZ in cells/tissues where cre recombinase (CRE) is expressed.
- SST-CRE, PVALB-CRE, and CCK-CRE, (Ssttm2.1(cre)Zjh/J; Ccktm1.1(cre)Zjh/J; B6;129P2-Pvalbtm1(cre)Arbr/J). These mice express cre recombinase (CRE) in somatostatin (SST), parvalbumin (PVALB), or cholecystokinin (CCK) expressing cells.
- Gabra1(H101R), Gabra2(H101R) and Gabra3(H126R) mice. Each of these strains carries a unique point mutation on a given GABAA receptor subunit rendering the corresponding receptor insensitive to diazepam.
Alessandro Iannaccone lab
- Tyro, Axl, Mertk (TAM receptor) triple knockout mouse (models of genetically driven retinal degeneration [Merk-linked] with a strong autoimmune componenet, both at the systemic and anti-retinal level)
- Peptidyl arginine deiminase, type IV (PAD4) knockout mouse
- Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD1) knockout mouse (Jackson strain # 002972)
- Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) knockout mouse (Jackson strain # 002052)
- SOD1-ApoE double knockout mouse
Mark LeDoux lab
Michael McDonald lab
APP/PSEN1 and 5xFAD transgenics (from Jackson)
GD3 synthase knockout (available cryopreserved for ~$1800 but I think I can share under the MTA). Huaibin Cai's DJ-1 model of Parkinson's disease, possibly too old to breed. They're freely available from Huaibin but there's a waiting list for young ones
Tony Reiner lab
R6/2 Huntington's disease transgenic mice
Floxed Thy1-EYFP Mice
Floxed Thy1-EYFP x Emx1-cre Mice
As part of a collaboration with Ioannis Dragatsis, he maintains a colony of Pv-CreERT2 Mice.
Kazuko Sakata lab
- BDNF-promoter IV knockin mice (BDNF-KIV) (I generated at NIH)
- DsRed Tg mice (B6/J) http://jaxmice.jax.org/strain/006051.html (from the Jackson Laboratory)
- ChaT-GFP-WT and ChaT-GFP-BDNF-KIV (ChaT-GFP are from Dr. Fuming Zhou, which were crossed to BDNF-KIV)
- GAD65-GFP-WT and GAD65-GFP-KIV (GAD65-GFP-WT are from from Dr. Fuming Zhou, which were crossed to BDNF-KIV. Pure homozygous will be produced in 3-5 months)
- GAD67-GFP-WT and GAD67-GFP-KIV (GAD65-GFP-WT are from from Dr. Fuming Zhou, which were crossed to BDNF-KIV. Pure homozygous will be produced in 3-5 months)
Jena Steinle lab
beta-2-AR KO mice, IGFBP-3 KO mice and Wildtype mice
Fu-Ming Zhou lab
Dopamine D1 KO from Ming Xu of University of Chicago, under MTA and permission is required.
Dopamine D5 KO from David Sibly of NINDS. Permission is required.