GFP mouse lines
Matt Ennis lab
GAD-65 GFP (from Gabor Szabo): maintained by breeding heterozygous mice.
Proprietary: need permission from creator to use, who requests authorship as a condition of use.
Foehring: GFP mice
- TTg(Etvl-EGFP)BZ192Gsat/Mmucd (etv1). In the somatosensory cortex of these transgenic mice, EGFP is only expressed in layer 5A pyramidal neurons that have thin apical dendrites (type 2).
- Tg(Glt25d2-EGFP)BN20Gsat/Mmnc (Glt). In these mice EGFP was only expressed in "thick-tufted" layer 5B pyramidal neurons (Type 1). In somatosensory cortex glt-GFP is almost exclusively in layer 5B and etv1-GFP in layer 5A but there is more extensive intermingling in visual cortex.
We maintain breeding colonies of both mouse lines (Swiss-Webster background) developed from breeding pairs obtained from the MMRRC (GENSAT).
Kristen O'Connell lab
hrGFP-NPY: express humanized Renilla GFP behind the Neuropeptide Y promoter on a B6/FVB mixed background. Maintained by breeding hemizygotes; male B6 breeders used every 5-6 generations to introduce new genetic material. Originally obtained from Brad Lowell's lab at Beth Israel Deaconess; free for anyone to use (also available from Jax).
We maintain one cohort of these mice on a standard "low-fat" diet and an another cohort on a "high-fat" diet (45kcal% fat).
Tony Reiner lab
We maintain a colony of D2-EGFP GENSAT transgenic mice. These mice have EGFP expression in D2-expressing neurons in the nervous system.
Fu-Ming Zhou lab
ChAT-GFP (Stock no.: 007902, strain name: B6.Cg-Tg(RP23-268L19-EGFP)2Mik/J, from Jackson). 2 breeding pairs just arrived on 9/15/2008.
GAD67-GFP (stock number: 007677, strain name: CB6-Tg(Gad1-EGFP)G42Zjh/J, from Jackson). Order still on waiting list.
Mutant, transgenic, knock-out
Matt Ennis lab
mGluR1 knockout: maintained by breeding heterozygous mice. B-galactosidase replaces mGluR1 gene, so B-gal histochemistry or immunocytochemistry can be used to determine cells that express mGluR1. mGluR5 knockout: maintained by breeding homozygous mice.
Scott Heldt lab
- nNOS transgenic mice (B6.129S4-Nos1tm1Plh/J). Mice lacking functional neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS).
- GABRA1 transgenic mice (B6;129-Gabra1tm4Geh/J). This line carries the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor, subunit alpha 1 (Gabra1) gene bordered by two loxP recognition sites.
- Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1Sor. Reporter line that will express lacZ in cells/tissues where cre recombinase (CRE) is expressed.
- SST-CRE, PVALB-CRE, and CCK-CRE, (Ssttm2.1(cre)Zjh/J; Ccktm1.1(cre)Zjh/J; B6;129P2-Pvalbtm1(cre)Arbr/J). These mice express cre recombinase (CRE) in somatostatin (SST), parvalbumin (PVALB), or cholecystokinin (CCK) expressing cells.
- Gabra1(H101R), Gabra2(H101R) and Gabra3(H126R) mice. Each of these strains carries a unique point mutation on a given GABAA receptor subunit rendering the corresponding receptor insensitive to diazepam.
Mark LeDoux lab
- Sgce gene-trap: can be used to study myoclonus, dystonia and the biology of the brain dystrophin-glycoprotein complex
- Thap1+/-: dystonia, biology of THAP1 and cell-cycle control in CNS
- Gnal+/-: dystonia, tardive dyskinesias, olfaction, and levodopa-induced dyskinesias
- Prrt2+/-, Prrt2+/- and Prrt2fl/fl: dystonia, epilepsy and paroxysmal CNS dysfunction
- Setx+/- and Setxfl/fl: DNA repair pathways, dystonia, ALS, and ataxia
- Slc2a1+/- and Slc2a1fl/fl: glucose transport, dystonia, epilepsy and paroxysmal neurological dysfunction
In addition, we maintain numerous Cre lines for spatial and temporal cKO (En1, Sox, Pcp2, Gabra6, Nestin, and ERT2).
Michael McDonald lab
APP/PSEN1 and 5xFAD transgenics (from Jackson)
GD3 synthase knockout (available cryopreserved for ~$1800 but I think I can share under the MTA). Huaibin Cai's DJ-1 model of Parkinson's disease, possibly too old to breed. They're freely available from Huaibin but there's a waiting list for young ones
Tony Reiner lab
R6/2 Huntington's disease transgenic mice
Floxed Thy1-EYFP Mice
Floxed Thy1-EYFP x Emx1-cre Mice
As part of a collaboration with Ioannis Dragatsis, he maintains a colony of Pv-CreERT2 Mice.
Kazuko Sakata lab
- BDNF-promoter IV knockin mice (BDNF-KIV) (I generated at NIH)
- DsRed Tg mice (B6/J) http://jaxmice.jax.org/strain/006051.html (from the Jackson Laboratory)
- ChaT-GFP-WT and ChaT-GFP-BDNF-KIV (ChaT-GFP are from Dr. Fuming Zhou, which were crossed to BDNF-KIV)
- GAD65-GFP-WT and GAD65-GFP-KIV (GAD65-GFP-WT are from from Dr. Fuming Zhou, which were crossed to BDNF-KIV. Pure homozygous will be produced in 3-5 months)
- GAD67-GFP-WT and GAD67-GFP-KIV (GAD65-GFP-WT are from from Dr. Fuming Zhou, which were crossed to BDNF-KIV. Pure homozygous will be produced in 3-5 months)
Fu-Ming Zhou lab
Dopamine D1 KO from Ming Xu of University of Chicago, under MTA and permission is required.
Dopamine D5 KO from David Sibly of NINDS. Permission is required.